From the Super Mario Wiki
(Redirected from Yarn Yoshi
This article or section is about an upcoming game
. Editors must
cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.For more information, see the Citation Policy.
Yoshi's Woolly World is an upcoming 2.5D side-scrolling game for the Wii U in development by Good-Feel. It will be the first Yoshi home console game since Yoshi's Story (which was originally released in 1997). The game uses similar art material of yarn and textiles from the aforementioned game and Wii game from the Kirby franchise, Kirby's Epic Yarn, which was also developed by Good-Feel.
Yoshi's Woolly World features textile and fabric environment and its gameplay is similar to Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story, with many features coming from these games. Yoshi is able to eat enemies but, instead of turning them into Yoshi Eggs as in earlier games, he now turns them into yarn balls, that can be thrown just like eggs. They can also be thrown at objects such as platforms and Warp Pipes made of strings and needles in order to make them solid. Smiley Flowers and Winged Clouds return and coins are replaced by beads. The hit point system comes back from Yoshi's Story. As the Yoshies are attacked by enemies, their Health Meter decreases and can be replenished with Hearts.
In co-op mode, the players control two Yoshis, Green Yoshi and Red Yoshi. A Yoshi is able to eat their partner and either swallow them to use them as a Yoshi Egg or spit them out to destroy obstacles. However, when a Yoshi eats their partner, the Yoshi getting eaten loses all of their yarn balls. If one of the Yoshis goes too far off screen it is placed into a flying Yoshi Egg and transported to the other Yoshi. When one of the Yoshis goes down a Warp Pipe the other one is transported with it simultaneously. A Yoshi is able to jump onto another Yoshi and use it as a platform.
The game is also planned to use amiibo functions.
- A mountain level with Shy Guys.
- A cave level with Nipper Plants and Piranha Plants.
- A level with Huffin' Puffins.
- A living room-like area with many pillow platforms.
- A woods-themed level in sunset.
- For this subject's image gallery, see Gallery:Yoshi's Woolly World.
Gameplay screenshot from Yoshi's Woolly World
Names in other languages
Yosshī ūru Wārudo
|Yoshi Wool World
- Despite Yoshi's Woolly World being planned to release in 2015, the 2014 game Super Smash Bros. for Wii U managed to include a stage based upon this game titled Woolly World. On the official Super Smash Bros. Facebook page, it's stated that the stage was put in late in development.
- A similar scenario occurred in Super Smash Bros. Melee, when the Fire Emblem character Roy appeared in that game, a year before his first appearance in the Fire Emblem series with the release of Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade in Japan.
- ^ Yoshi's Wooly World E3 2014 Gameplay
- ^ http://e3.nintendo.com/amiibo/
| Yoshi series
|| Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995, SNES) • Yoshi's Story (1997, N64) • Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (2002, GBA) • Yoshi's Island DS (2006, DS) • Yoshi's New Island (2014, 3DS) • Yoshi's Woolly World (2015, Wii U)
|| Yoshi (1991, NES) • Yoshi's Cookie (1992, NES) • Yoshi's Safari (1993, SNES) • Yoshi no Cookie: Kuruppon Oven de Cookie (1994, SNES) • Tetris Attack (1996, SNES) • Yoshi Topsy-Turvy (2004, GBA) • Yoshi Touch & Go (2005, DS)
| Tech demos
|| Yoshi Demo (GBA) • Balloon Trip (DS)