“Whack-OOOWWWWWWW!!! Don't hit me!”
—Whacka, Paper Mario series
Whackas are sentient blue mole-like creatures in the Paper Mario series that live on the west side of Mt. Rugged, near the shore of Keelhaul Key, and near Downtown of Crag. Whacka's name is derived from the popular arcade game "Whack-a-Mole" where the player has to hit a mole that comes out from a hole.
If Mario talks to one, they will say that it's a "picture-perfect day" and nothing could go wrong. Hitting one on the head with a Hammer, Shell, or jumping on it will make a Whacka Bump, an edible and valuable item, appear. However, this causes internal injuries to the Whacka and memory loss too. If Mario uses Bombette or Bobbery to blast the Whacka, it'll be hurt, but won't drop a Bump. If they are attacked eight times, they will run away, releasing a few coins. Since their Bumps are so valuable, Whackas are an endangered species and should be treated with care. According to Wonky, there is only one Whacka left in the world; Russ T. said the same, attributing the disappearances of the Whackas to hunting. However, this may be false as, in Mario Party 6; on the Snowflake Lake board, several Whackas can be seen popping up out of the snow.
When Whacka disappears in Super Paper Mario, a Cragnon named Norite appears where Whacka popped out. She claims that the Whacka was her friend.
At one point, the Whacka on Mt. Rugged sends Parakarry a letter stating he one day dreams of flying. The Whacka that appears in Super Paper Mario's Catch Card can be obtained by collecting three hundred shop points. There's also a Sammer Guy by the name of Wrath of Whacka in the game, who says he hopes to avenge the smitten Whackas of the dimensions.
 Tattle Information
 Paper Mario
- He's a Whacka. When you hit Whackas, they get Bumps that fall off. I heard that they're yummy. You know, I'm not normally into hitting Whackas, but once I heard of their tasty Bumps... I got the urge to whack' em!
 Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- That's a rare Whacka. I don't think you see many of his kind anymore, nope. If you whack a Whacka, they drop a Whacka Bump. Those are supposed to be delicious. They fetch a high price in gourmet auctions, too. Yup, super-precious delicacies. Still, whacking a defenseless creature to get one... You'd never do that, right, Mario?
 Super Paper Mario
- That’s Whacka... It’s very rare to see one... It’s delicate and easily harmed... Don’t hit it or stomp on it...
- Card Type: Rare
- Card Description: This odd guy sprouts pastries when whacked on the head. Sadly, his kind is on the verge of extinction. Please headwhack in moderation.
 Names in Other Languages
|Pun on "Kobu" (Bump)
- Whacka looks similar to the Pokémon Diglett and Quagsire.
- Whacka has an unused entry in the enemy list of Paper Mario, in addition to an unused tattle ("This is a Whacka. That Bump on his head looks like a donut hole. / You probably shouldn't have hit him so much. He looks a little peeved.") This suggests that originally, the Whacka would become angry at Mario for hitting its head too many times, causing the two to fight.
- In the first three Paper Mario games, Whacka can be hit 8 times before he goes away for good.