“Oh, welcome, young fella! I'm the elder of Koopa Village. Folks call me Koopa Koot. Say...might you do me a favor?”
—Koopa Koot, Paper Mario
Koopa Koot is an elderly Koopa Troopa that lives in Koopa Village. He is friends with Goompa and Bootler. During his youth, the three traveled the globe in search of adventure. However, his adventuring days are now over. In fact, he needs other people to run errands for him. During the events of Paper Mario, the hero Mario helps Koopa Koot perform twenty tasks that the old Koopa cannot do by himself. One errand involves Mario retrieving a picture of the three old adventurers (Koopa Koot, Goompa, and Bootler) from Boo's Mansion. Often, Koopa Koot rewards Mario with a single Coin. Occasionally, Mario receives a better reward, including Star Pieces or memberships to the game parlor in Toad Town.
In Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, Bowser, when asked who he is by Bub or Pennington, the player can choose to tell them his name is Koopa Koot, which the Koopa king describes as an "all-time ancient babbler", and threatens to "bore [them] to death."
- Main article: Koopa Koot's Favors
- This is the oldest Koopa in Koopa Village. His name is Koopa Koot. He's famous for being selfish, stingy and impatient. He doesn't ask for things that are impossible, but you can bet the tasks will be hard and time-consuming.
 Names in Other Languages
|Noko(noko) "Koopa Troopa" + jirō "second son" (common name ending)
||From "Methusalem" (Methuselah), who lived to 969 years of age as said in the Bible.
- Koopa Koot suggests Luigi should be known as "Air Luigi", a reference to the similar nickname given to Michael Jordan ("Air Jordan"), a basketball player known for his incredible jump.
- He can also be seen as similar to Mayor Kroop; both are rambling old Koopa Troopas who live in a small village.
- In the Crystal Palace, four Duplighosts will try to disguise themselves as Kooper, but their cloaks fail and one ends up as Koopa Koot.