This article or section is about an upcoming game
. Editors must
cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.For more information, see the Citation Policy.
Mario Kart Arcade GP DX is an upcoming Mario Kart game for Japanese arcades being developed by Namco Bandai with partnership with Nintendo. It is the sequel to Mario Kart Arcade GP 2.
Grand Prix, Clone Battle and two-players modes are confirmed. The player can choose between seven karts, five of them being unlockable. Before starting a race, the player can take their photography and decorate it with twelve included features, such as a samurai helmet and a pirate suit. The player can choose to play in 50cc, 100cc and 150cc, with the latter two being unlockable. The player then must choose which one of three themed tracks (Toad, Mario, Don-chan) they want to play. Like Mario Kart Arcade GP and Mario Kart Arcade GP 2, there are only 6 racers in each race rather than 8 or 12. Every circuit has a time limit, and when the player is at first place their photography has a crown. When the player completes a lap, lights between the game screen change the color. The main feature of the game is that players can now play in cooperative, similar to Mario Kart: Double Dash!! in that a player is the driver and the second shoots items. Cooperative play is only possible by gaining a special power-up which transforms the player's kart into a tank that will drive and the second player is called to control the turret and shoot unlimited amounts of Green Shells at any direction for a limited period of time. Additionally, gameplay elements from Mario Kart 7 such as the use of gliders and underwater courses are present.
Instead of Mario Cards like the last two installments, the player can use a Banapassport Card to save their progress. As such, the cabinets will have online connectivity, but it is currently unknown if the game will have online leaderboards or multiplayer.
 Confirmed features
 Playable Characters
The emblems of Wario, Waluigi and Bowser Jr. are seen on the side of the machine, though it is unknown if they will be playable or not. However, Bowser Jr. does appear in-game.
 Non-Playable Characters
- Mario Coin
- Green Koopa Shell
- Mega Mushroom
- Car Horn
- A item which turn players in a blue tank that can shoot Green Koopa Shells using a target. (Clone Battle only)
- A scroll with a mushroom printed on it that flattens enemies horizontally.
- A hammer which turns the character in a metal form and flattens other racers which are in their front.
 Toad Cup
- A track in the Mushroom Kingdom. All tracks have a portal at the end of the track which sends the racers back to the starting line. They are recreations of Yoshi Park 1 and Yoshi Park 2, with identical track layouts.
 Mario Cup
- A track similar to Mario Highway. The first version of this track follows a near-identical layout as the aforementioned track and the second version has the racers drive underwater and through the hull of a shipwrecked Airship.
 Don-chan Cup
- Lantern Festival Street - A Japanese-themed track based on the game Taiko no Tatsujin which takes place at night during a festival. It is a reskin of Donkey Kong Jungle from the first two games.
- Festival Circuit - In the same location as the previous track, this time taking place during the day. Its map is identical to Bananan Ruins.
 Bowser Cup
- Grand Prix (1 player game)
- Clone Battle (1 player game)
- Co-Op Mode (2 player game)
- Four players mode
A poster with images from the game.
Arcade machines on which the game will be played.
Mario using a glider on one of the Toad Cup's tracks.
Mario in Festival Circuit.
A Japanese temple course, named Lantern Festival Street.
Yoshi in the second Mario Cup track.
Beta character selection screen.
Mario in JAPAN AMUSEMENT EXPO 2013.
- ^ Kotaku - In This New Mario Kart, You Can Drive a Tank
- ^ http://arcadeheroes.com/2013/02/05/namco-formally-announces-mario-kart-arcade-grand-prix-dx/
- ^ 
- ^ http://www.reinodocogumelo.com/2013/03/bowser-jr-tambem-vai-participar-de.html
- ^ 
- ^ 
- ^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gU4INy5N7Q&feature=player_embedded
- ^ 
 External links