Bahamutt is a colossal dragon encountered by Mario and his allies while exploring Bowser's Keep in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Both Chester and Magikoopa can summon him to help them in battle, as he is indeed a powerful foe. Bahamutt has a lot of HP and above average stats. Besides regular biting attacks, the dragon can resort to the special moves Iron Maiden, which triggers a Fear status ailment, and Drain.
Despite being very strong, Bahamutt doesn't seem very confident in his own abilities, as revealed by his Psychopath thought.
 Names in Other Languages
The unused Bahamutt sub-
- Bahamut (with one "t") is a powerful dragon from the Final Fantasy series and Bahamutt's namesake. The two creatures, however, hardly look alike.
- Final Fantasy's Bahamut is most likely named after the Bahamut of Arabian mythology, an omnipotent being who rides on a whale's back. By extension, the Arabian Bahamut is also Bahamutt's namesake.
- A version of Final Fantasy's Bahamut was also supposed to appear in Mario Sports Mix, but was taken out.
- There is an unused sub-species of Bahamutt in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars who resembles Boshi, with purplish coloration and pointed sunglasses. It has no psychopath and can use the move Flame.
- Bahamutt may be based on Yoshis. Its Japanese name is similar to Yoshi's name and that the creature loosely resembles Yoshis. If a Yoshi Cookie is used on a Bahamutt, Yoshi will swallow it and produce a Yoshi Candy item (which is normally earned if Yoshi fails to swallow an enemy).
- In addition, it shares the same Japanese name as Dorrie, which made its debut shortly afterwards. It could be that these dragons are closely related, as they also have a close physical resemblance disregarding their obvious limb and eye design differences.