From the Super Mario Wiki
“My feet hurt, and my arms feel like lead. Oh, and DOOT-DOOT!”
—Doot-Doot Sisters, Super Mario Sunshine
The Doot-Doot Sisters are an ensemble of travelling street performers and recurring minor characters in Super Mario Sunshine. They are made up of two female Pianta dancers, a yellow and a fuchsia one, and are often accompanied by a blue male Pianta with a ukulele. They are well-known on Isle Delfino and are usually surrounded by a group of fans. When they talk, they usually end their sentences with strings of the word "doot" and random variations of it, a habit that their fans pick up on and replicate.
While not much is known about their overall opinion regarding their occupation, the Doot-Doot Sisters more than once make disgruntled remarks regarding their fans, notably when said fans are sweaty, dressed sloppily, or annoyingly inconsiderate. They occasionally appear throughout different levels, performing their iconic hula dance. Locations where the Doot-Doot Sisters are found include the following:
The Doot-Doot Sisters make a minor cameo in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! each time a Cup is won. They later appear in Mario Party 8 at the beginning of Goomba's Booty Boardwalk, hula dancing.
Names in other languages
- Content Piantas can be heard singing the Doot-Doot Sisters' songs when approached close-up in Super Mario Sunshine.
- A "Doot-Doot" that sounds similar to that of the Doot-Doot Sisters can also be heard from the Piantas on the Delfino Square course in Mario Kart DS.
- Contrary to other versions, the Spanish localization does not capitalize the "sisters" part of their name.
- ^ "I hear the Doot-Doot Sisters are here! I can't miss them!" — Pianta from Ricco Harbor, Super Mario Sunshine
- ^ "You know, I'm just really not that into sweaty guys... Doot doot DOO!" — Doot-Doot Sister, Super Mario Sunshine
- ^ "Why are fans so dirty and unfashionable? It gets on my nerves. Doot doot doot doo..." — Doot-Doot Sister, Super Mario Sunshine