Mario and Goombario walking in Pleasant Path
Pleasant Path is the name of the east-northeast region of the Mushroom Kingdom and home to some Koopa Troopas. It is the setting of Chapter 1 during the events of Paper Mario.
Pleasant Path is characterized by the peaceful pleasant brook running down it, along with the many trees and Candy Canes. Russ T. speaks of these special candy canes, telling Mario that if he does something for them, they will do something for him in return. Mario first encounters both Koopa Troopas and Paratroopas on the lane. A fork-like mountain holds the high path to the Koopa Bros. Fortress, and the low path to Koopa Village. The exit to the west leads to Toad Town.
Locations in Pleasant Path include:
After the completion of Chapter 5, Kent C. Koopa blocks the west exit of Pleasant Path. If the player wishes to go through Pleasant Path in this way, the player must defeat Kent C. Koopa before proceeding or they could alternately pay him 100 coins to pass.
 Enemies Found
 Area Tattles
- "To the west of here is Toad Town, and to the east is Koopa Village. If we go even farther east, we'll eventually reach Koopa Bros. Fortress."
- "It's always pleasant around here. That's why we call this place Pleasant Path. It's nice and warm today, too. Incidentally, lots of Koopas live around here."
- "Koopas like to live around Pleasant Path because there's plenty of water for them to lounge in. Koopa Village is down this way. If you want to go to Koopa Bros. Fortress, we should take the upper path and just keep going straight."
- "If we continue along the pass, we should reach Koopa Bros. Fortress. Many Koopas and Paratroopas live around here. If they're loyal to Bowser, they'll definetely attack us."
- "Just east of here, we can see Koopa Bros. Fortress. Actually, we're probably already on fortress grounds. That arch certainly looks like a part of it. And there are lots of bad guys, too.
 Names in other Languages
Click an area to open the relevant article.