Baby Park is a race course that has appeared in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart DS and was added to Mario Kart 8 as part of the Animal Crossing × Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack. Being a simple oval loop with no hazards, it is the shortest course in length in the series, excluding the unused "Test Circle" course found in Mario Kart DS, only taking around ten seconds to complete a whole lap. As the name implies, the course takes place in an amusement park, including various elements from the Yoshi series. The track is a platform hanging from a large support complex, where a roller-coaster runs above and around the course and a pink train runs over the rails. However, the roller-coaster was removed in the DS version.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Baby Park is the third course in the Mushroom Cup. One half of the floor is blue and the other half is pink. It has various pictures of characters from the Yoshi series on it, including Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, to whom the stage belongs. Due to its length, this course has seven laps instead of the traditional three. DK Mountain can be seen in the background.
The staff ghost of the track uses Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, driving the Goo-Goo Buggy. They appear when the player completes all the race in 1:14.000 or less.
Mario Kart DS
Baby Park appears in Mario Kart DS as the last track in the Banana Cup. This time around, it has five laps instead of seven. Missions 2-8 and 3-Boss take place here. It was available in Wi-Fi. On the final lap, the music starts playing in G♭ Major instead of A Major.
The staff ghost of this track in this game uses Toad in the Mushmellow. The player must clear the course in 50.920 seconds or less.
Mario Kart 8
Baby Park in Mario Kart 8
Baby Park reappears in Mario Kart 8 as a heavily-revamped DLC retro course and the first track of the Crossing Cup. This is the only retro track in the Animal Crossing × Mario Kart 8 DLC pack that has already appeared at least once as a retro track. One of the major changes made to the race course is that the entire track is now slanted, making it entirely an anti-gravity race track. The race track now has each half of the U-turn with different colors. The background has gone through a lot of changes, and some of the background rides, like the Bowser's Ship ride, have been heavily redesigned. The race on this course has seven laps just like in the original and the revamped music now increases in speed after every lap, making it the first retro course to do this. On the final lap, the guard rails light up and become multi-colored and like Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 7 and the remade N64 Rainbow Road in Mario Kart 8, the last part of the music starts to play instead of the beginning of it. It is the only retro course and one of three DLC courses (along with Mute City and Big Blue) to be entirely an anti-gravity race track.
Several characters that are important to the Yoshi series appear to have their own rides around Baby Park. They are listed below.
- Baby Bowser appears on a ship attraction called "Bowser's Ship". In Mario Kart 8, he is replaced with Bowser Jr..
- Kamek appears above a sign reading "Kamek's Magic Show".
- A Pink Yoshi Train in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! appears to ride around on an orange track, as if it were a roller coaster. It is seen in various parts of the Park, and sometimes it can appear above it. If it does do this, it may actually reflect off shells. In Mario Kart 8, this is replaced with a Standard Kart coaster riding on a red track.
- A large Poochy-like house appears far in the background.
- A Helicopter just like the one from Yoshi's Island can be seen at the background, flying around the track.
- Two large Shy Guys can be seen.
- A statue resembling the one in the course Toad Harbor can be seen in the background, but instead of Peach in a Statue of Liberty pose, a pink gold version of Baby Peach can be seen holding a star.
- A Paratroopa can also be seen, but in Mario Kart 8, his head is absent.
- In Mario Kart 8 the Paratroopa has been converted into a shop selling merchandise named Shop Paratroopa
- In Mario Kart 8, the hot air balloons from the Mario Kart 8 remade N64 Royal Raceway appear far in the background, and on the Ferris Wheel.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- US website: “It may look easy, but Baby park is a 7-lap cage match with 14-monster Power-slides! There are plenty of items to pick up, and the long straightaways make easy targets out of everyone.”
- European website: “It’s Mario Kart: the theme park ride! The track is a simple oval, but the power-ups are plentiful, so you’ll have a battle on your hands to finish in first place”
Mario Kart DS
- European website: "It's the shortest and simplest track of them all, but Baby Park isn't child's play. Because of the circuit's great size you're given five laps instead of three, but make sure you put petal to metal from the word go, as it'll be over in seconds rather than minutes."
The course as it appears in Mario Kart DS.
Dry Bones, racing in Mario Kart DS.
Wii U version
Names in other languages
|Baby Amusement Park
- Baby Park, having seven laps by default, is one of only two courses in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! that isn't a three-lap course; the other course is Wario Colosseum, which has two laps.
- In Mario Kart 8, Baby Park is the only course to have more than three laps or sections.
- Baby Park is one of only two non-SNES courses in the series that differ in lap count between its original and remade versions; the other is Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64, if one does not count adjusting the number of laps in Quick Run mode in Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
- This is one of two tracks in the series not from Super Mario Kart that appears in more than two games, the other being Yoshi Circuit. In addition, both of these tracks originated in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, and both also appeared in Mario Kart DS.
- In Mario Kart 8, GCN Baby Park and the three different Rainbow Roads are the only courses in the game to have the map in different colors instead of just blue.
- In Mario Kart 8, GCN Baby Park is the only track where players cannot perform tricks.
- In Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, it is possible to hit the roller coaster but extremely difficult to achieve.
|Mario Kart 8
||Toad • Koopa Troopa • Baby Mario • Baby Luigi • Baby Peach • Baby Daisy • Shy Guy (Alternate Colored Shy Guys: Green, Blue, Light-blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White, Orange*) • Lakitu • Toadette • Larry • Wendy • Lemmy • Baby Rosalina • Isabelle*
||Mario • Luigi • Peach • Yoshi (Alternate Colored Yoshis: Red, Blue, Light-blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White, Orange*) • Daisy • Iggy • Ludwig • Tanooki Mario* • Cat Peach* • Villager*
||Bowser • Donkey Kong • Wario • Waluigi • Rosalina • Metal Mario • Pink Gold Peach • Morton • Roy • Link* • Dry Bowser*
||Standard Kart • Pipe Frame • Mach 8 • Steel Driver • Cat Cruiser • Circuit Special • Tri-Speeder • Badwagon • Prancer • Biddybuggy • Landship • Sneeker • Sports Coupe • Gold Standard • GLA* • W 25 Silver Arrow* • 300 SL Roadster* • Blue Falcon* • Tanooki Kart* • B Dasher* • Streetle* • P-Wing*
||Standard Bike • Comet • Sport Bike • The Duke • Flame Rider • Varmint • Mr. Scooty • Jet Bike • Yoshi Bike • Master Cycle* • City Tripper*
||Standard ATV • Wild Wiggler • Teddy Buggy • Bone Rattler*
||Standard • Monster • Roller • Slim • Slick • Metal • Button • Off-Road • Sponge • Wood • Cushion • Blue Standard • Hot Monster • Azure Roller • Crimson Slim • Cyber Slick • Retro Off-Road • Gold Tires • GLA Tires* • Triforce Tires* • Leaf Tires*
||Super Glider • Cloud Glider • Wario Wing • Waddle Wing • Peach Parasol • Parachute • Parafoil • Flower Glider • Bowser Kite • Plane Glider • MKTV Parafoil • Gold Glider • Hylian Kite* • Paper Glider*
||Mario Kart Stadium • Water Park • Sweet Sweet Canyon • Thwomp Ruins
||Mario Circuit • Toad Harbor • Twisted Mansion • Shy Guy Falls
||Sunshine Airport • Dolphin Shoals • Electrodrome • Mount Wario
||Cloudtop Cruise • Bone-Dry Dunes • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road
||Wii Moo Moo Meadows • GBA Mario Circuit • DS Cheep Cheep Beach • N64 Toad's Turnpike
||GCN Dry Dry Desert • SNES Donut Plains 3 • N64 Royal Raceway • 3DS DK Jungle
||DS Wario Stadium • GCN Sherbet Land • 3DS Music Park • N64 Yoshi Valley
||DS Tick-Tock Clock • 3DS Piranha Plant Slide • Wii Grumble Volcano • N64 Rainbow Road
||GCN Yoshi Circuit • Excitebike Arena • Dragon Driftway • Mute City
||Wii Wario's Gold Mine • SNES Rainbow Road • Ice Ice Outpost • Hyrule Circuit
||GCN Baby Park • GBA Cheese Land • Wild Woods • Animal Crossing
||3DS Neo Bowser City • GBA Ribbon Road • Super Bell Subway • Big Blue
||Wii Moo Moo Meadows • GCN Dry Dry Desert • SNES Donut Plains 3 • N64 Toad's Turnpike • Mario Circuit • Toad Harbor • GCN Sherbet Land • N64 Yoshi Valley
||Anti-gravity • Drift • Hop • Mini-Turbo • Rocket Start • Slipstreaming • Spin Boost • Trick
||Beta elements • From the Pit • Highlight Reel • Mario Kart Band • Mario Kart TV • Miiverse • Soundtrack • Staff • Stamps
|* - Indicates downloadable content