Baby Park is a race course that has appeared in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart DS and is planned to be added to Mario Kart 8 as part of the Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack. Being a simple oval loop with no hazards, it is the shortest course in length in the series, only taking around ten seconds to complete a whole lap. As the name implies, the course takes place in an amusement park, including various elements from the Yoshi series. The track is a platform hanging from a large support complex, where a roller-coaster runs above and around the course and a pink train runs over the rails. However, the roller-coaster was removed in the DS version.
Appearance in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Baby Park is the third course in the Mushroom Cup. One half of the floor is blue and the other half is pink. It has various pictures of characters from the Yoshi series on it, including Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, to whom the stage belongs. Due to its length, this course has seven laps instead of the traditional three. DK Mountain can be seen in the background.
The staff ghost of the track uses Baby Mario and Baby Luigi, driving the Goo-Goo Buggy. They appear when the player completes all the race in 1:14.000 or less.
Appearance in Mario Kart DS
Baby Park appears in Mario Kart DS as the last track in the Banana Cup. This time around, it has five laps instead of seven. Missions 2-8 and 3-Boss take place here. It was available in Wi-Fi. On the final lap, the music starts playing in G♭ Major instead of A Major.
50.920 seconds using Toad in the Mushmellow.
Appearance in Mario Kart 8
This section is about an upcoming downloadable content pack. Editors must cite sources for all contributions to this article. Edits that do not follow this standard will be reverted without notice.
Baby Park in Mario Kart 8
Baby Park will reappear in Mario Kart 8 as a heavily-revamped DLC retro course and the first track of the Crossing Cup. One of the major changes made to the race course is that the entire track is now slanted, making it entirely an anti-gravity race track. The race track now has each half of the U-turn with different colors. The background has gone through a lot of changes, and some of the background rides, like the Bowser's Ship ride, have been heavily redesigned. The race on this course will have seven laps just like in the original and the revamped music will increase in speed after every lap, making it the first retro course to do this. On the final lap, the guard rails will light up and become multi-colored.
Several characters that are important to the Yoshi series appear to have their own rides around Baby Park. They are listed below.
- Baby Bowser appears on a ship, with a sign reading "Baby Bowser's Ship". In Mario Kart 8, this is replaced with Bowser Jr. on Bowser's Ship.
- Kamek appears above a sign reading "Kamek's Magic Show".
- A Pink Yoshi Train in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! appears to ride around on an orange track, as if it were a roller coaster. It is seen in various parts of the Park, and sometimes it can appear above it. If it does do this, it may actually reflect off shells. In Mario Kart 8, this is replaced with a Standard Kart coaster riding on a red track.
- A large Poochy-like house appears far in the background.
- A Helicopter just like the one from Yoshi's Island can be seen at the background, flying around the track.
- Two large Shy Guys can be seen.
- A statue resembling the one in the course Toad Harbor can be seen in the background, but instead of Peach in a Statue of Liberty pose, a pink gold version of Baby Peach can be seen holding a star.
- A Paratroopa can also be seen, but in Mario Kart 8, his head is absent.
- In Mario Kart 8, the hot air balloons from N64 Royal Raceway, also from that game, appear far in the background.
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- US website: “It may look easy, but Baby park is a 7-lap cage match with 14-monster Power-slides! There are plenty of items to pick up, and the long straightaways make easy targets out of everyone.”
- European website: “It’s Mario Kart: the theme park ride! The track is a simple oval, but the power-ups are plentiful, so you’ll have a battle on your hands to finish in first place”
Mario Kart DS
- European website: "It's the shortest and simplest track of them all, but Baby Park isn't child's play. Because of the circuit's great size you're given five laps instead of three, but make sure you put petal to metal from the word go, as it'll be over in seconds rather than minutes."
The course as it appears in Mario Kart DS.
Dry Bones, racing in Mario Kart DS.
Wii U version
Names in other languages
|Baby Amusement Park
- In Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, it is possible to hit the roller coaster running around the circuit before the second bend of a lap, but it is extremely difficult.
- Baby Park, having seven laps by default, is the only course in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! besides Wario Colosseum to not have three laps.
- Baby Park is one of only two courses in the series that differ in lap count between its original and remade versions; the other is Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64, if one does not count adjusting the number of laps in Quick Run mode in Mario Kart: Super Circuit.
- The volcano from DK Mountain can be seen in the background next to the Poochy House.
- In Mario Kart 8, it is the only retro course to be entirely an anti-gravity race track, just like the other two DLC courses, Mute City and Big Blue.
- This is the only retro track in the Animal Crossing × Mario Kart 8 DLC pack that has already appeared at least once as a retro track.
|Mario Kart 8
||Toad • Koopa Troopa • Baby Mario • Baby Luigi • Baby Peach • Baby Daisy • Shy Guy (Alternate Colored Shy Guys: Green, Blue, Light-blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White, Orange*) • Lakitu • Toadette • Larry • Wendy • Lemmy • Baby Rosalina
||Mario • Luigi • Peach • Yoshi (Alternate Colored Yoshis: Red, Blue, Light-blue, Yellow, Pink, Black, White, Orange*) • Daisy • Iggy • Ludwig • Tanooki Mario* • Cat Peach*
||Bowser • Donkey Kong • Wario • Waluigi • Rosalina • Metal Mario • Pink Gold Peach • Morton • Roy • Link*
||Villager* • Isabelle* • Dry Bowser*
||Standard Kart • Pipe Frame • Mach 8 • Steel Driver • Cat Cruiser • Circuit Special • Tri-Speeder • Badwagon • Prancer • Biddybuggy • Landship • Sneeker • Sports Coupe • Gold Standard • GLA* • W 25 Silver Arrow* • 300 SL Roadster* • Blue Falcon* • Tanooki Kart* • B Dasher* • Streetle* • P-Wing*
||Standard Bike • Comet • Sport Bike • The Duke • Flame Rider • Varmint • Mr. Scooty • Jet Bike • Yoshi Bike • Master Cycle* • City Tripper*
||Standard ATV • Wild Wiggler • Teddy Buggy • Bone Rattler*
||Standard • Monster • Roller • Slim • Slick • Metal • Button • Off-Road • Sponge • Wood • Cushion • Blue Standard • Hot Monster • Azure Roller • Crimson Slim • Cyber Slick • Retro Off-Road • Gold Tires • GLA Tires* • Triforce Tires*
||Super Glider • Cloud Glider • Wario Wing • Waddle Wing • Peach Parasol • Parachute • Parafoil • Flower Glider • Bowser Kite • Plane Glider • MKTV Parafoil • Gold Glider • Hylian Kite*
||Mario Kart Stadium • Water Park • Sweet Sweet Canyon • Thwomp Ruins
||Mario Circuit • Toad Harbor • Twisted Mansion • Shy Guy Falls
||Sunshine Airport • Dolphin Shoals • Electrodrome • Mount Wario
||Cloudtop Cruise • Bone-Dry Dunes • Bowser's Castle • Rainbow Road
||Wii Moo Moo Meadows • GBA Mario Circuit • DS Cheep Cheep Beach • N64 Toad's Turnpike
||GCN Dry Dry Desert • SNES Donut Plains 3 • N64 Royal Raceway • 3DS DK Jungle
||DS Wario Stadium • GCN Sherbet Land • 3DS Music Park • N64 Yoshi Valley
||DS Tick-Tock Clock • 3DS Piranha Plant Slide • Wii Grumble Volcano • N64 Rainbow Road
||GCN Yoshi Circuit • Excitebike Arena • Dragon Driftway • Mute City
||Wii Wario's Gold Mine • SNES Rainbow Road • Ice Ice Outpost • Hyrule Circuit
||GCN Baby Park • GBA Cheese Land • Wild Woods • Animal Crossing
||3DS Neo Bowser City • GBA Ribbon Road • Super Bell Subway • Big Blue
||Wii Moo Moo Meadows • GCN Dry Dry Desert • SNES Donut Plains 3 • N64 Toad's Turnpike • Mario Circuit • Toad Harbor • GCN Sherbet Land • N64 Yoshi Valley
||Anti-gravity • Drift • Hop • Mini-Turbo • Rocket Start • Slipstreaming • Spin Boost • Trick
||Beta elements • Highlight Reel • Mario Kart Band • Mario Kart TV • Miiverse • Soundtrack • Staff • Stamps
|* - Indicates downloadable content