| Wild Wing
Artwork of Mario about to throw a Bob-omb, while he drives his red Wild Wing.
| Size Class
| Strong stats
|| Speed, Weight, Drift, Mini-Turbo
| Weak stats
|| Acceleration, Handling, Off-Road
|| Mario Kart Wii
The Wild Wing is a medium-sized kart that appears in Mario Kart Wii. It resembles a tuner with an aerodynamic front, a spoiler decorated with a wing on each side, two pairs of dual exhaust pipes below the rear fender, and 5-spoke alloy wheels on the tires. The Wild Wing shows a two-stripe pattern running along the hood, and the emblem of the character is located on the sides of the kart. Its bike counterpart is the Mach Bike.
As its aerodynamic body might imply, the Wild Wing features great speed, drift and Mini-Turbo. It is also the heaviest medium-sized vehicle in the game, making it nearly impossible to bounce away unless using large karts. However, its handling, acceleration and off-road stats are low, and it has the weakest acceleration of the medium vehicles.
- Mario – (Red with black stripes, black fenders, gold exhaust system, orange headlamps, blue seat accents)
- Luigi – (Green with dark blue stripes, blue stripe down the middle, dark blue fenders, silver exhaust system, cyan headlamps, yellow seat accents)
- Peach – (Pink with white stripes, white fenders, gold exhaust system, pink headlamps, dark pink seat accents)
- Daisy – (Orange with yellow stripes, black fenders, copper exhaust system, yellow headlamps, viridian green seat accents)
- Yoshi – (White with light green stripes, red stripe down the middle, light green fenders, gold exhaust system, light orange headlamps, dark yellow seat accents)
- Birdo – (Dark purple with black stripes, black fenders, silver exhaust system, purple headlamps, turquoise seat accents)
- Diddy Kong – (Black with dark brown stripes, dark brown fenders, copper exhaust system, light orange headlamps, light brown seat accents)
- Bowser Jr. – (Light yellow with green stripes, dark gray fenders, bronze exhaust system, orange headlamps, red seat accents)
- Male Mii – (Cadet blue with white stripes, white fenders, gold exhaust system, yellow headlamps, turquoise seat accents)
- Female Mii – (White with pink stripes, pink fenders, silver exhaust system, salmon headlamps, white seat accents)
Bowser Jr.'s Wild Wing.* / ***
* - Bowser Jr. is the only driver whose color for the Wild Wing's exhaust system is not shared with any others. The Male Mii's exhaust system's color is shared with Luigi and Yoshi, while the Female Mii's exhaust system's color is shared with Mario, Peach, and Birdo. Daisy and Diddy Kong both share the color of the exhaust system that neither gender of the Miis use. This is due to Bowser Jr. having an achromatic color scheme.
** - Luigi and Yoshi are the only drivers to use an extra stripe as a tertiary color between the two secondary color stripes. All other drivers do not use an extra stripe, and instead have it part of the body's primary color.
*** - Daisy and Bowser Jr.'s tertiary color is used for the fenders while all other drivers have the fenders as part of the secondary color with the two stripes.
Names in other languages
||Pun on cabriolet ("convertible") and aile ("wing")
||Ali di squalo
- The Wild Wing moves its wings when it is boosted, with nitrous coming from its exhaust pipes.
- If Mario or Luigi ride on the Wild Wing, the kart's weight will be high enough to exceed the Jetsetter's default weight by one point.
- Also, if Daisy uses the Wild Wing, the kart's top speed will exceed the Blue Falcon's and Flame Runner's default top speed by one point.
- The Wild Wing along with the Mini Beast and Flame Flyer all share the same engine sound, but the pitch varies with weight class.