Game & Watch Gallery 2 is the sequel to Game & Watch Gallery. This 1997 Game Boy game included six revisions of classic Game & Watch games, one of which is not playable from the beginning and must be unlocked. It was not released in Europe or Australia until 1998 when it was re-released on the Game Boy Color, except in Japan.
Original Game Boy
Like all the other Game & Watch Gallery games, the Minigames can be played in either Classic or Modern Mode; the former is identical to the original release of the minigame while the latter has been redone with recognisable Mario franchise characters.
- Parachute - Mario must catch various characters including Donkey Kong Jr., Toad and Baby Yoshis in his rowboat as they float down with their parachutes.
- Chef - As Peach, flip cooking items thrown into the air by the Mario Bros. with a pan and feed them to Yoshi.
- Donkey Kong - A remake of the Game & Watch Version, in which Peach substitutes for Pauline.
- Helmet - As Mario or Wario, dodge various falling tools and collect Coins.
- Vermin - As Yoshi, protect six eggs from Fly Guys, Paratroopas, and Boos.
- Ball - An unlockable game; control Yoshi, Mario, Wario, or Bowser as they juggle various objects.
As the player collects stars, they will be able to access new features in the Gallery.
||Museum + Donkey Kong added to Museum
||New Game: Classic Ball
||Oil Panic added to Museum
||New Game: Modern Ball (Yoshi)
||Greenhouse added to Museum
||New Game: Modern Ball (Mario)
||Lifeboat added to Museum
||New Game: Modern Ball (Wario)
||Credits + Donkey Kong Jr. added to Museum
||Adds additional tracks to Music Room
||Tropical Fish added to Museum
||Rain Shower added to Museum
||Spitball Sparky added to Museum
||New Game: Modern Ball (Bowser)
Note: The Museum also includes the 16 Game & Watch titles from Game & Watch Gallery's Gallery. To unlock them, the player has to collect 120 stars, and then connect Game & Watch Gallery 2 to Game & Watch Gallery.
- Main article: List of Game & Watch Gallery 2 staff
Yoshi, hammering a Paratroopa in Vermin. The international version of this artwork replaces Zudohn with the equivalent English onomatopoeia BONK!
Mario dodges a falling mallet in Helmet.
Toad, about to eat his meal, from Chef.
Mario, jumping over a Goomba.
- On the game's original box art, a Yoshi's Story-style Baby Yoshi is shown playing Vermin, and Princess Peach was smiling while playing Chef. Donkey Kong also looks different. On the cartridge art, though, which attempts at recreating the boxart, the Yoshi shown is Super Mario World style, and Toadstool was having problems.
- Despite a Green Yoshi playing Vermin on the boxart, It is actually an Orange Yoshi in game.
- After the player views the credits once (after attaining 50 stars), they can access the credits again at any time by pressing any sequence of buttons on the Control Pad and immediately pressing the A Button or Start.
- ^ Date info of Game & Watch Gallery 2 (Game Boy Color) from TMK