From the Super Mario Wiki
This article is about the area in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
. For information about the fighting arenas encountered in Wario World
, see here
The Battle Ring is an area in Pi'illo Castle that Mario and Luigi can access in Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. The area serves the same purpose as The Gauntlet in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, in that Mario and Luigi face tougher versions of bosses already battled. However, unlike The Gauntlet, the player has the option to fight both the normal bosses and the giant bosses.
Normal X Bosses
Giant X Bosses
||Turn Limit (Normal/Hard Mode)
|Giant Class 1
|Giant Class 2
||Mount Pajamaja X
|Giant Class 3
||10 (Both Modes)
|Giant Class 4
|Giant Class 5
||Giant Bowser X
||6 (Both Modes)
||All previous bosses.
Bowser X & Antasma X Trophy
Robo-Drilldigger X Trophy
Names in Other Languages
||Arène de Combat
||Ring de combat
- Bowser Jr. is the only boss without X in his name.
- Grobot X is a required boss, as beating him after the second trip to Dream's Deep awards the bros. the Zeekeeper's Feathers, which are required to make the Ultibed.
- Kamek is the only major antagonist in the game who is not fought in the Battle Ring.
- Antasma is the only major antagonist fought in the Battle Ring to have an alternate color scheme, as Bowser and the Elite Trio retain their original color scheme.
- Antasma is also the only X Boss to have 2 different palette swaps, one for his battle with Bowser X and the other for his solo battle.
- It is possible to have the trophy for an inaccessible boss. To do so, the player must defeat the normal version of the boss (unlocking the Battle Ring version), then defeat the X boss without saving. After the battle results are saved, the player must reset the game and go back to the Battle Ring. The trophy for the boss is viewable, but the boss is not unlocked yet.
- All the bosses in the Battle Ring have Red on them.
- Red is the main color of Grobot X, Pi'illodium X, Robo Drilldigger X, and Mount Pajamaja X
- Bowser X and Bowser Jr. have red hair
- Bowser X, Antasma X, and Torkscrew X always show the red in their mouths.
- Big Massif X flashes red when you kill one or more of his Hoorahs
- Mammoshka X's eyes can turn red, and the helmet it can wear is light red.
- The Elite Trio X's bowser symbols are red.
- Some of Earthwake X's body segments are light red, and light red buildings are used in some attacks.
- Zeekeeper X's eyes flash red and yellow when Luigi pulls it down.