Kazumi Totaka is a music composer for Nintendo, and mainly works with Nintendo EAD. He has done the musical score to many games, including Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, Mario Paint, Yoshi's Story, and many more. He is also very popular for doing the music to the Animal Crossing series. He also does the voices of Yoshi and Professor E. Gadd.
 Totaka's Song
There is an interesting piece of music that Totaka has sneaked into almost all of the games he's composed. Although it is not widely known, players can listen to a secret track of Totaka's, known as Totaka's Song, after meeting certain conditions. The Mario games it has been spotted in are:
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - On the "Game Over" screen, after 2 minutes and 30 seconds Totaka's song will play.
- Virtual Boy Wario Land - On the end screen that appears after the credits, the track plays after a minute and 15 seconds.
- Mario Paint - The player can touch the O in the word MARIO, when on the main screen. After that, the O will explode like a bomb, and Totaka's song will play. Compared to other games with the song, this is not very well hidden.
- Yoshi's Story - On the Trial Mode and Select Yoshi screens, Totaka's song will take over after 2 minutes and 10 seconds.
- Luigi's Mansion - On the screen showing the controls of the Poltergust 3000 (this appears before training mode), the song plays after 3.5 minutes of idleness.
- Yoshi Touch & Go - In Marathon Mode, once the player reaches a mountainous area where clouds are being blown away, a 3 minute and 45 second pause leads to the song.
- K.K. Slider from the Animal Crossing series is based on Kazumi Totaka. His Japanese name is taken from the fact that, in Japan, last names are written first, so it would be Totaka Kazumi. That can be shortened to "Totaka K.," which sounds like "Totakeke."
 External Links