From the Super Mario Wiki
Mario and Goombario traveling through Goomba Road
The Goomba Road is a small road that leads to Goomba Village and Toad Town. The road only appears during the events in the game Paper Mario. As Mario and Goombario travel through this path, they must fight off the notorious Goomba Bros. and the Goomba King, the first boss of the game, to continue their hike to Toad Town. The Goomba King's fortress is here, as is many secret items. It is mostly an introductory area where basic skills are learned.
For enemy formations in Goomba Road, see here.
|Name of Item
||In a badge block at the second scene.
||In a chest box on the roof of Toad Town entrance; get it by hitting the tree for a trampoline.
||Appears after an interaction with the second sign.
||Under a hidden panel near the exit to Toad Town.
|In a tree near Goomba King's fortress (by using the hammer).
||Appears after a brick block near the exit to Toad Town is destroyed.
||In the question block at the scene right before Toad Town.
- There are lots of bad Goombas around these parts.
- Did you know... ...there are good Goombas and bad Goombas? A bad Goomba will try to pick a fight with us the second it spots us.
- Look, Mario! There's a Save Block. Might be a good idea to use it, don't you think?
- If we go east a bit farther, we'll find a bridge. Once we cross it, we'll be a hop, skip and a jump away from Toad Town.
- I think there was a bridge between Toad Town and Goomba Village. If we head east, we'll get to Toad Town. If we head west, we'll come to my house in Goomba Village.
- Ah, the outskirts of Toad Town. To the east is Toad Town. If we go west, we'll reach my hometown, Goomba Village.
Names in other languages
Click an area to open the relevant article.
||Gumba Road (Gumba is the German name for Goomba).