From the Super Mario Wiki
Tap-Tap the Red Nose is the mid-boss of World 6 in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. It was originally an ordinary Tap-Tap until Kamek cast a spell on it to make it grow gigantic. It attacks by jumping onto Yellow Yoshi, trying to hit him with its spiky body. In the room where the battle takes place, the floor is made up of rectangular blocks, which can be destroyed by throwing eggs at them. Since the large Tap-Tap is invincible to all of Yoshi's attacks, Yoshi has to defeat it by creating an gap in the floor and pushing Tap-Tap the Red Nose until it falls into the lava below.
Names in other languages
||Big Tap-tap (Japanese name of Tap-tap)
||The suffix -ón is added to say that its size is large
||Likely from Stegosaurus
|"Ka ka" is the onomatopoeia for tapping with the word big
- Tap-Tap the Red Nose may be a pun on Rudolph The Red Nose Reindeer.
- A similar entity, Tap-Tap the Golden, could be a resurrected Tap-Tap the Red Nose, since the Nintendo Power Guide introduces it with the phrase "Tap-Tap the Golden is back", though this is likely an error.
- Tap-Tap the Red Nose is the only boss that Yoshi doesn't need to meet by going through a door.
- Tap-Tap's battle arena is similarily structured to Breakout, seeing as Yoshi has to break certain parts of the floor with eggs to knock him into the lava.
- ^ http://web.archive.org/web/20030402151900/http://www.nintendo.com/games/gamepage/artwork.jsp?gameId=1282