|First appearance||Super Paper Mario (2007)|
- “Hold on a second. Before we get all friendly, we should see if we're on the same page.”
- —Carrie, Super Paper Mario
Carrie is a Pixl partner in Super Paper Mario and the sixth such Pixl found. She is also one of the twelve original Pixls created by the Ancients. As her name (a pun on the word "carry") indicates, her special ability is to transform into a platform that can carry the character through hazardous areas too wide to jump or float across, and increasing the character's speed, giving her a role similar to Lakilester from the first game. She is shaped like the net of a rectangular prism.
Carrie is found in Fort Francis' basement, locked in a cage. The switch located nearby unlocks the cage and frees her. When using Carrie, the player is able to jump on spiky enemies (such as Spiked Goombas) or spikes without being damaged as well as being able to move faster, though they still may not jump on Cursya enemies. The characters can jump while standing on Carrie, but rather than jumping off her, she rises up with them, performing the jump herself. Additionally, Bowser can breathe fire while riding Carrie in mid-air, whereas he cannot breathe fire when he jumps by himself. Peach can also shield herself when jumping, but just like Bowser, they drop almost as soon as they use their special ability.
Before joining the party, Carrie asks the currently active party member upon her rescue three questions to detail their opinion on Francis, to see if they are "on the same page." No matter how the questions are answered, though, Carrie agrees on the player's views and joins the party:
- "You met Francis, right? What do you think of the guy? Your first impression?" (Answers: Greenish; Nerdy; Awesome (Fantastic in the PAL version))
- "Anything else about him catch your eye?" (Answers: He's a photo fanatic.; He's into butterflies.; He's irresistible.)
- "So... sum it up. What do you think about him? (Answers: He's a monster!; He's a tech geek!; He's a stallion!)
- Card Number: 233
- Card Sell Price: 144
- Card Type: Rare
- Card Description: This platform Pixl will go where no other Pixl can. But she will only help heroes that are on her wavelength.
Names in other languages
|Possibly a pun on「乗って行こう」(notte ikō, Japanese phrase meaning "let's ride") and feminine name suffix「子」(-ko)|
|French||Transpote||Pun on "transport" and "pote" (buddy)|
|German||Sörfa||Means "surfer", adapted to German spelling|
|Italian||Porteo||Deriving from "portare" (to carry); it's also the name of two characters in the Greek mythology (Portheus), one of which was the first one to exit from the Trojan Horse|
|Roughly means "ride and go"|
|Spanish||Deslicia||From "deslizar" (to glide)|