Yoshi's Story (microgame)
|Appears in||WarioWare: Get It Together!|
|Command(s)||Collect 2! (1 player, Levels 1 and 2)|
Collect 3! (Level 3; 2 players, Levels 1 and 2)
Collect 5! (2 players, Level 3)
|Info||"Time to collect some eggs! Be sure to pick up the right amount, and don't forget to check the blocks too. 1998: Nintendo 64"|
|Points to clear||30|
The player has to collect a certain number of eggs, which is specified by the microgame command and the egg counter at the top-right corner of the screen. After clearing the microgame, Yoshi appears and strikes the same pose he does after eating 30 fruits in a level or defeating a boss in the original game. Eggs collected after the microgame is cleared are simply discarded; they fall off the screen.
- Level 1: The player has to collect two eggs: one located on the ground and the other on top of a high cloud platform. The level takes place in Treasure Hunt in Page 1.
- Level 2: The player has to collect two eggs: one located on the ground and the other by hitting the nearby Egg Block. The level takes place in Cloud Cruising in Page 3.
- Level 3: The player has to collect three eggs: one located on the ground and the other two from the two nearby Egg Blocks. The level takes place in Mecha Castle in Page 6.
If two players are utilized, the players have to collect a total of three eggs in Levels 1 and 2 and five eggs in Level 3 (two on the ground and three from the Egg Blocks). Level 1 is modified to add another cloud platform that has an egg. Level 2 is modified so that there are two cloud platforms, each with an egg on it. If the microgame is successful, the player who collected more eggs receives a point for effort.
- Orbulon can simply use his Oinker's tractor beam to collect eggs and trigger Egg Blocks.
- Red can repeatedly bomb an Egg Block to collect eggs.
- 9-Volt only has a brief window of time to collect eggs or hit an Egg Block (several hits in a row require rapid button pressing), making him a poor fit.
- 5-Volt is also a poor fit. Teleportation is the only way for her to move, trigger Egg Blocks (her attack rate is low), and collect eggs. She cannot teleport to an area below the ground, with her spirit more likely to overshoot the ground at faster speeds.
Names in other languages