Donkey Kong Country Returns (microgame)
|Donkey Kong Country Returns|
|Appears in||WarioWare: Get It Together!|
|Command||Defeat! (1 player, Level 1)|
Defeat all! (2 players, Level 1; Levels 2 and 3)
|Info||"OK, this is serious stuff! You gotta defeat all the enemies on the screen! Hey...is that Donkey Kong's voice I hear? 2010: Wii"|
|Points to clear||25|
The player has to defeat all of the enemies on-screen using the character's move. The player does not lose the microgame if their character comes into contact with an enemy. Each level features different enemies that can appear in two different layouts per difficulty level, and takes place in different levels of the original game, with the corresponding music playing (in Level 2's case, the music that plays outside of the chase segments, "Tree Top Rock Returns"). After clearing the microgame, either Donkey Kong or Diddy Kong appears, depending on which enemy layout is used.
- Level 1: The microgame takes place in Jungle Hijinxs near the Mugly statues. The player has to defeat either one Tiki Goon or one Tiki Buzz flying back and forth.
- Level 2: The microgame takes place in Muncher Marathon. The player has to defeat either a Frogoon and a purple Skittler or a Skittler and a Tiki Goon. Both combinations feature one enemy on each side of the screen.
- Level 3: The microgame takes place at the end of the Golden Temple. The player has to defeat three Tiki Buzzes, which are either flying back and forth or up and down. The character can fall off the stage, resulting in a loss.
If two players are utilized for this microgame, more enemies appear in each level: three in Levels 1 (which can now include Frogoons and Skittlers) and 2, and five Tiki Buzzes in Level 3. Additionally, both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong appear upon clearing the microgame. If the players win, the player that defeats more enemies receives an effort point or, in the case of Rising Star, a star.
- Hop, Step, Jump: As Young Cricket, the player must complete Level 3 by jumping on all of the Tiki Buzzes one after the other, without touching the ground.
- Free movement and his Oinker's wide tractor beam allow Orbulon to defeat all enemies quickly.
- As his tongue has a diagonal trajectory, Pyoro is a poor fit especially in Level 3, where he may fall off the platform trying to reach the enemies with his tongue.
Names in other languages
Donkī Kongu Ritānzu
|Donkey Kong Returns (Japanese name for Donkey Kong Country Returns)|
|French||Donkey Kong Country Returns||-|
|Korean||Donkey Kong Country Returns||-|