|Super Mario–related role(s)||Sound designer, video game composer|
James Phillipsen is a sound designer and composer at Nintendo Software Technology. He is notable for his audio work for the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series. What may be one of his compositions, "Attack! Fury Bowser" from Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (in which another composer, Daisuke Matsuoka, was also involved), is also featured in The Super Mario Bros. Movie, but neither composer was credited in the film.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong — Additional Audio Support
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis — Special Thanks
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again! — Audio Design
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! — Audio Design
- Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move — Audio Director
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars — Audio Director
- Mini Mario & Friends: amiibo Challenge — Audio
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS — Sound Effects & Music
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Nintendo Switch / Nintendo 3DS) — Staff
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury — Staff
- Northup, Travis (April 5, 2023). Super Mario Bros. Movie: DK Rap Composer Takes to Twitter to Lament Lack of Credit. IGN. Retrieved April 9, 2023.