Hirofumi Matsuoka is a former employee of Nintendo. A veteran of Nintendo Research & Development 1, Matsuoka directed several games in the Wario franchise and was also involved in the Metroid series, as a designer for the original game and a graphic artist for Super Metroid.
- Super Mario Land - Design
- Mario Paint - Director, Graphic Designer
- Virtual Boy Wario Land - Director
- Wario Land II - Special Thanks
- Mario Artist: Polygon Studio - Director
- Mario Artist: Talent Studio - Assistant Director
- Mario Artist: Communication Kit - Special Thanks
- Wario Land 4 - Director
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! - Chief Director, System, Game Design
- WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! - Original GBA staff
- WarioWare: Twisted! - Special Thanks
- JC, Anthony. (November 19, 2005). Hirofumi Matsuoka Leaves Nintendo Co., Ltd. Nsider. Retrieved October 24, 2014.