- This article is about a boss microgame. For the record from WarioWare: Twisted!, see Nose Dive (souvenir).
|Appears in||WarioWare: Twisted!|
|Type||Kat & Ana (Twisted)|
Dribble & Spitz (Gold)
|Command(s)||Turn! / Pick! / Turn back! (Twisted!)|
|Info||"Use your hand missiles to defeat the nose-vaders!" (Twisted!)|
"An extremely sniffly, giant nose-like entity is threatening intergalactic peace yet again! Humanity's fate lies in the cold, lifeless grip of Handroid V! Yikes! Is the news always this scary? I wonder if usin' hand missiles and eye drops would defeat this thing. Chances are his nostrils are his weak point." (Gold)
|Controls|| – Shoot|
– Move (Gold)
|Points to clear||5 (Twisted!)|
The player controls Handroid V, a robot attacking with a two-fingers hand. The game's purpose is to destroy the noses getting in the player's way and reach a big face with two eyes and a nose. The nose starts attacking Handroid V. It launches wind out from its nostrils. To defeat it, the player has to block its two nostrils using the hands. The nose explodes when it is plugged and makes the face reveal itself as a bigger nose that attacks with mini-noses. Handroid V at this point decides to strike with both his hands. To defeat this one, the player has to hit the big nose's nostrils. After several shots, the nose explodes.
- 1st level difficulty: There are a small amount of mini-noses, the wind coming out of the mini-boss is weak and it takes a small amount of shots to defeat the big nose.
- 2nd level difficulty: There are more mini-noses, the wind coming out of the mini-boss is stronger and it takes an average amount of shots to defeat the big nose.
- 3rd level difficulty: There are a lot of mini-noses, the wind coming out of the mini-boss is strong and it takes a big amount of shots to defeat the big nose.
In WarioWare Gold, the boss microgame has received many changes. The player can use the left and right buttons to move Handroid V, as opposed to Handroid V moving left and right automatically. Handroid V takes two hits to be defeated instead of just one hit. There is an active hitbox on Handroid V's hand, allowing Handroid to defeat the noses by just touching the noses without firing. There is a possible chance that the player can receive a golden eye drop that will destroy all noses on-screen using heat vision. The second phase of the original boss fight has been removed, and the game skips right to the third phase.
- 1st level difficulty: There are a small amount of mini-noses, and the player fights a giant human nose (who appears as a mini-nose at first, but uses a mushroom to become a bigger nose) that doesn't do anything unusual. It takes 3 hits to defeat the giant nose.
- 2nd level difficulty: There are more mini-noses, and the player fights a giant boar nose (that gets in the way of the human nose when the player goes to fight the human nose) that can charge at the player. It takes 5 hits to defeat the boar nose.
- 3rd level difficulty: There are a lot of mini-noses and a few snot drops, and the player fights a giant elephant trunk nose (that gets in the way of the boar nose when the player goes to fight the boar nose) that can fire a spread-shot of snot drops. It takes 5 hits to defeat the elephant trunk nose.
- Antisneeze: The player has to clear Level 2 without pressing .
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Entrée dans la narine||Pun on "entrée dans la marine" ("entering the navy") and "narine" ("nostril")|
|French (NOE)||Bourre pif||Based on the saying "coller un bourre-pif" (Punch someone on the nose)|
|Italian||Invasione nasale||Nasal invasion|
|Spanish||Asunto de narices||Matter of noses|
- The fruits that Handroid V eats (bananas in the first level, cherries in the second level, and a peach in the third level) are the same weapons the player later uses in Boot Camp, a boss stage in WarioWare: Smooth Moves. They are also used in the same order across all three difficulty levels. These microgames both involve defeating a giant nose.
- In WarioWare Gold, the order in which the fruits are eaten is reversed, with the player using a peach in the first level, the player using cherries in the second level, and the player using bananas in the third level.