From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
- This article is about the microgame from WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!. For uses of the name of the 1984 arcade game, "Punch-Out!!", see Punch-Out!!.
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
|Appears in||WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!|
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
|Type||Sports (Mega Micogame$!)|
Jimmy T (Gold)
|Info||"Fancy feet and sweet moves! KO that guy, baby! If he's got the flash in effect, it means he's comin' at you!" (Mega Microgame$!)|
"First you gotta dodge your opponent's attacks left or right, and then you gotta throw some punches, yo! If one of those dudes starts to flash, that's when you gotta start lookin' out for his special blow." (Gold)
|Controls|| / – Dodge|
/ / – Punch
|Points to clear||5 (Mega Micogame$!)|
Punch Out is Jimmy T's boss game in the Sports folder in WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!. It later returns as his boss game in WarioWare Gold.
The setting for this microgame is a boxing match. The player controls one of the boxers and must defeat their opponent. The only way to do this is to wait for the opponent to attack, then dodge with the control pad. Then, they must press the button to punch, which, if done right, will deplete one point of health from the opponent.
- 1st level difficulty: Features an opponent with fair skin wearing a green hood with ears, green gloves, green shorts, and green shoes that is about equal to the player, both having three points of health and equal strength.
- 2nd level difficulty: Features an opponent with pale skin wearing a blue mask, yellow gloves, blue shorts, and yellow shoes that has four points of health. Once he is down to a single point, he will perform a special move, which can instantly K.O. the player but can be dodged like a normal attack.
- 3rd level difficulty: Features an opponent with dark skin wearing a yellow VR headset with black lens and black antennas, gray gloves, purple shorts, and gray shoes that has five health points, who is much faster than the other two. Also, this opponent can use the instant K.O. attack at any time. Like the opponent in level two, he always uses the instant K.O. attack once he is down to a single point.
All opponents now have only three health points. Moreover, new characters serve as opponents. The top screen displays their names, titles and portraits, as well as pieces of trivia about each.
- The first opponent is "The Eye Stinger" known as Lee Kasoop, a man wearing a leek hat.
- The second opponent is "The Musher", Fun Gus, a man wearing a hat resembling a shiitake cap, who sports scars on his chest and arms.
- The third opponent is "Red Typhoon", or Gaz Puncho, an overweight man wearing a tomato mask.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOE)||Puños fuera||Fists out|
- The name of the microgame and the entire game itself is a reference to the Punch-Out!! series.
- The third level of the microgames Button Masher and Famicom in WarioWare: Touched! is based on this microgame.
- The music for this microgame is heard in the "WarioWare, Inc. Medley" music for the WarioWare, Inc. stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- In WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!, this boss microgame is one of two to operate at normal speed instead of gradually speeding up, the other being Dungeon Dilemma.