Bowser's Muscle Car
|Bowser's Muscle Car|
Bowser standing atop the car
|First appearance||Super Mario 3D World (2013)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (2021)|
Bowser's Muscle Car is a vehicle that appears in Super Mario 3D World and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. It is a purple muscle car with gold plating, spikes on the top, and hubcaps, with a Bowser hood ornament at the front. The car initially moves slowly, but it moves faster and faster when damaged and when the player catches up with it. The car is also able to jump without the driver's input.
With the exception of The Great Tower of Bowser Land, Bowser's Muscle Car is Bowser's main weapon and mode of transportation in the game. It first appears in Bowser's Highway Showdown, where Bowser rides it for the duration of his boss fight. Bowser shoots fireballs and tosses Kick Bombs from the car to attack the player, the latter of which can be kicked back to damage the car. After enough hits, the car is destroyed, and Bowser is blasted away.
The car reappears in Bowser's Lava Lake Keep, where it gets a visual upgrade, with a mostly blue color scheme and neon features. The strategy to defeat it is unchanged, and it is again wrecked. Bowser's Muscle Car makes a final appearance in the beginning of The Great Tower of Bowser Land, in its destroyed state. Players can hit it, but nothing happens other than the car making noise. The car mostly makes beep noises, but a soundclip of Bowser's laugh and some soundclips from Super Mario World can be heard after some hits.
Bowser's Muscle Car appears as the boss of World 1. The battlefield consists of a long highway, which the car drives along, with the player pursuing it. Bowser tosses Kick Bombs that must be hit back at him nine times if the bombs hit the car itself or three times if the bombs strike Bowser directly (Kick Bombs can be lobbed high for this by hitting them with the Cat form's scratch attack or the Tanooki form's tail attack or by rolling into them); players can also defeat him with 27 hits from the Boomerang form's boomerangs or 45 hits from the Fire form's fireballs. As Bowser takes damage, he breathes more fireballs and throws fewer Kick Bombs. The first stretch of the highway is very basic. The only things of note are a small rise that the car and player must jump to and a small ditch cut through the road. At the end of this stretch, Bowser ramps up to the next section of the highway. The player can follow via a Warp Box dropped by Bowser. The next section has two short walls on the sides that Bowser's Muscle Car rides on. Between the walls, a Goomba Tower and a Goomba carrying a Super Bell can be found. After this is a small jump, followed by a big jump to the next section. The next section is very simple, with the only thing of note being a small jump. This section repeats itself for the remainder of the battle. After being hit enough times, the car crashes away, breaking the road in the process. Bowser realizes that there is nothing supporting him and falls down to the wreckage. The car explodes when he lands, and he is blasted away. The Warp Box to the Goal Pole then appears along with some coins.
Bowser's Muscle Car is battled again at Bowser's Lava Lake Keep, the final level of World Castle. It returns with new neon blue and pink details. In this battle, Bowser does not throw as many Kick Bombs and breathes more fireballs. However, the number of hits Bowser and his car take before defeat is the same as in the previous fight. Some of the Kick Bombs he throws are already activated and harm the player if touched. The layout of the highway is also more hazardous. In the first section, there are retractable spikes in different spots throughout the road, as well as two pits with Lava Geysers. The next area is a large grated bridge. Lava Geysers may spew up here. After a bit, the bridge splits into two sides, just close enough together for Bowser's Muscle Car to be supported by both sides. The bridge soon ends, and there is another jump to the next section. This is a repeating stretch with several vertical rows of spikes that retract in rapid succession.
Bowser entering the stage in Bowser's Highway Showdown
The vehicle found at the start of The Great Tower of Bowser Land
|Super Mario 3D World||content/ObjectData/KoopaChase.szs
Bowser Chase Lv2
Names in other languages
|Japanese||クッパ の ハイウェイカー
Kuppa no Haiwekā
|Bowser's Highway Car|
Kùbà de Gāosùgōnglù Chē
|Bowser's Highway Car|
Kùbā de Gāosùgōnglù Chē
|Bowser's Highway Car|
|Dutch||Bowsers bolide||Bowser's speedster|
|French||Bolide de Bowser||Bowser's speedster|
|Italian||Bolide di Bowser||Bowser's race car|
|Korean||쿠파의 하이웨이 카|
|Lithuanian||Bowser galingas automobilis|
|Polish||Muscle car Bowsera|
|Portuguese (NOE)||Carro monstruoso do Bowser||Bowser's Monstrous Car|
|Romanian||Mașina forțoasă a lui Bowser||Bowser's strong car|
|Spanish||Coche monstruoso de Bowser|
- Bowser's Muscle Car Expansion Set. LEGO.com. Retrieved November 16, 2023.
- Mankalor (February 11, 2014). Super Mario 3D World Easter Egg - Retro Sound Effects From Bowser's Car. YouTube. Retrieved May 27, 2014.
- クッパ の ハイウェイカー. LEGO.com (Japanese). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- 酷霸的高速公路车. LEGO.com. Retrieved November 16, 2023.
- 庫巴的高速公路車. LEGO.com. Retrieved November 16, 2023.
- Bowserův sporťák – rozšiřující set. LEGO.com (Czech). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowsers muskelbil – udvidelsessæt. LEGO.com (Danish). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Uitbreidingsset: Bowsers bolide. LEGO.com (Dutch). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowseri muskelauto laienduskomplekt. LEGO.com (Estonian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowserin muskeliauto ‑laajennussarja. LEGO.com (Finnish). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Ensemble d'extension Bolide de Bowser. LEGO.com (French, Canada). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Ensemble d'extension Bolide de Bowser. LEGO.com (French, France). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowsers Monsterkarre – Erweiterungsset. LEGO.com (German). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowser izomautója kiegészítő szett. LEGO.com (Hungarian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Pack di espansione Il bolide di Bowser. LEGO.com (Italian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- 쿠파의 하이웨이 카 확장팩. LEGO.com (Korean). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowser muskuļauto paplašinājuma maršruts. LEGO.com (Latvian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowser galingas automobilis – papildomas rinkinys. LEGO.com (Lithuanian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Ekstrabanesettet Bowsers muskelbil. LEGO.com (Norwegian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Muscle car Bowsera — zestaw rozszerzający. LEGO.com (Polish). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Carro monstruoso do Bowser – Set de Expansão. LEGO.com (Portuguese, Portugal). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Set de extindere Mașina forțoasă a lui Bowser. LEGO.com (Romanian). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Set de Expansión: Coche monstruoso de Bowser. LEGO.com (Spanish, Mexico). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Set de Expansión: Coche monstruoso de Bowser. LEGO.com (Spanish, Spain). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Bowsers muskelbil – Expansionsset. LEGO.com (Swedish). Retrieved November 15, 2023.
- Brian (June 29, 2019). Nintendo on how long Super Mario Maker 2 has been in the works, Koopa Troopa Car origins, more. Nintendo Everything. Retrieved June 29, 2019.