|Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope quest|
|JEANIE and the Darkmess Tentacle inside the Spellbound Woods|
|Quest type||Main Quest|
|Objective(s)||○ Find Spellbound Woods Entrance.|
○ Defeat the Puddle blocking the entrance to the forest.
○ Enter the Spellbound Woods.
○ Head towards the Tentacle in the forest.
○ Find the path leading to the Tentacle in the woods.
○ Wipe out the Darkmess Puddle blocking your path.
○ Find the Tentacle in the Spellbound Woods.
○ Leap into the Abandoned Well!
○ Climb to the bottom of the Abandoned Well.
○ Wipe out the Darkmess Tentacle under the woods.
|Item(s)||Purified Darkmess Energy Crystal|
- “Translation - the trees are being drained of the anthocyanin pigmentation and carotenoid compounds needed to change color. This is undoubtedly the work of a Darkmess Tentacle somewhere inside the Spellbound Woods.”
- —JEANIE, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Off-Color is a Main Quest in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, located on the planet Palette Prime. It is one of two Main Quests on the planet, with the other being The Fallen King. In this Quest, the heroes must restore the color to the trees in the Spellbound Woods. The heroes adventure inside the Spellbound Woods, and find the Darkmess Tentacle inside the Abandoned Well, which is the cause of the loss of color. After the heroes clear out the Darkmess Tentacle, the heroes obtain a Purified Darkmess Energy Crystal, and the color is restored to the trees.
This Quest can be done before or after The Fallen King, so Palette Prime is the only planet to have this feature.
When the heroes arrive on Palette Prime, Warden Woodrow tells the heroes that the trees in the Spellbound Woods have lost their color, and must be restored. The heroes reach to the entrance to the Spellbound Woods, but must remove a Darkmess Puddle to move on, and rescue the Spark Zephyrquake in the process. The heroes then enter the Spellbound Woods.
Once inside, JEANIE finds the Darkmess Tentacle causing the loss of color, inside the Abandoned Well. If this Quest is done first, Twinkle will arrive to give Beep-0 the Scan Power to help navigate through the woods. The heroes use this newfound ability to reveal invisible objects, and find the correct path through the Spellbound Woods. Along the way, another Darkmess Puddle blocks the way, and the heroes clear it out in a battle. The heroes then reach to the Abandoned Well, where the Darkmess Tentacle retreats into. The heroes then enter the Abandoned Well.
Inside the well, the heroes descend to the bottom, and find the Darkmess Tentacle. In the battle, the heroes must clear out all of the Darkmess Taproots, and use an elevator to go down. They then clear out the Darkmess Tentacle, obtaining a Purified Darkmess Energy Crystal, rescuing the Spark Electrogeddon, and restoring color back to the Spellbound Woods, along with the animals returning to the woods.
- A Ghostly Sunset (Battle that introduces Ghostly Walkers, Zephyrquake joins the heroes after the battle)
- Forest Rush (Battle that introduces Squashettes)
- Roots of Corruption (Darkmess Tentacle battle that has Darkmess Taproots and an elevator, Electrogeddon joins the heroes after the battle)
Names in other languages