It's an Ill Wind that Blows
|Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope quest|
|It's an Ill Wind that Blows|
|The Darkmess Tentacle at the base of the Windmill|
|Quest type||Main Quest|
|Objective(s)||○ Journey to the Windmill.|
○ Vanquish the Puddle keeping you from the desert.
○ Head towards the site of the Windmill.
○ Squash the Puddle keeping you from the windmill site.
○ Enter the Windmill site.
○ Connect the Circuit.
○ Use the Crane to help you progress.
○ Connect the Circuit to activate the Bridge.
○ Find a way to reach the Rabbid pipe area.
○ Conquer the Puddle protecting the Rabbid pipe area.
○ Unfold the Ladder on top of the crane.
○ Get to the Windmill.
○ Destroy the Darkmess Tentacle on the Windmill!
|Item(s)||Purified Darkmess Energy Crystal|
- “Anyhow, I can't help ya even if I wanted to. Power's out at muh shop - storm's made muh Windmill all whack-a-daisy. Tell ya' what - get my Windmill workin' properly an' I'll see what I can do about your spaceship and them shields. No promises!”
- —Momma, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
It's an Ill Wind that Blows is a Main Quest in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, located on the planet Barrendale Mesa. It is the first Main Quest of the planet, with the other Main Quest being Momma's Payback.
In this Main Quest, the heroes arrive on the planet Barrendale Mesa, and meet the Warden for the planet, Momma. She tells the heroes that there is an electrical storm, which is caused by a Darkmess Tentacle. This also made the Windmill malfunction, causing the power to be lost at Momma's Garage. The heroes must venture to the Windmill and clear out the Darkmess Tentacle, which will restore the windmill, as well as for the power to return to Momma's Garage, which will allow Momma to create the Shield Buster for the heroes. The heroes also obtain a Purified Darkmess Energy Crystal.
When the heroes arrive on Barrendale Mesa, there is an electric storm that prevents the WM ARC spaceship from landing, and so the heroes, along with Beep-0, must jump out and skydive. When they reach the ground, they meet Momma, Warden and mechanic of the planet. She tells the heroes that her garage has lost power due to the Windmill malfunctioning, caused by a Darkmess Tentacle. This catastrophe also created the electric storm. Momma also tells them that if they restore the Windmill and get rid of the storm, the power will return, allowing Momma to create the Shield Buster for the heroes. JEANIE cannot make contact with the heroes because of the storm, but has provided a Teleport Probe to return to the WM ARC at any time.
The heroes set off for the Windmill, but a Darkmess Puddle blocks the way. The heroes clear it out in a battle, and reach to the Windmill Area. Not long after entering, another Darkmess Puddle prevents access, and the heroes also remove this Darkmess Puddle. While exploring the Windmill area, Momma makes contact with the heroes with transmissions from Beep-0, telling them to fix circuits, and to use the crane to help them reach the Darkmess Tentacle. The heroes must drop down a ladder on top of the crane, and must take a path to reach to it. Along the way, yet another Darkmess Puddle interrupts the journey, and once again the heroes emerge victorious, rescuing the Spark Gargantu-fan in the process.
The heroes then enter the Rabbid pipe area, where they fix another circuit and reach to the top of the crane, lowering the ladder, allowing them to reach to the Darkmess Tentacle. The heroes clear it out, and obtain a Purified Darkmess Energy Crystal. The Windmill is then restored, the electrical storm disappears, and power returns to Momma's Garage. JEANIE then appears and shows concern for the heroes, making Beep-0 curious that she is developing emotions. Momma then contacts the heroes, congratulating them, and telling them to return to her garage, as well as to receive cucumber water and pimento cheese sandwiches. JEANIE finds the message odd, but Beep-0 just tells her that Momma is happy. Edge also thinks about this strange message.
- The Desert Riptides (Battle that introduces Riptides)
- Danger, Keep Out! (Battle that introduces Spellraisers)
- Magikoopa Mayhem (Battle that introduces Magikoopas, the Spark Gargantu-fan joins the heroes after the battle)
- A Foul Windmill Blows (Darkmess Tentacle Battle, the heroes must defend the turning mechanisms of the Windmill for 8 turns)
Names in other languages
Yukute o Habamu Jiki no Arashi
|A magnetic storm blocking the way|
|Italian||La minaccia è nell'aria||The menace is in the air|