Artwork of Rabbid Luigi from Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
|First appearance||Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (2017)|
|Latest appearance||Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022)|
|Latest portrayal||Bruce Sherfield (English)|
Shin Matsushige (Japanese)
Rabbid Luigi is a Rabbid dressed as Luigi, who first appears as one of the eight main heroes in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle. He is described as capable of using elemental forces to his advantage in battle, although he is also described as easily scared and preferring to avoid conflict. In Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Rabbid Luigi teams up with Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Yoshi, Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Peach, and Rabbid Yoshi to save the Mushroom Kingdom from Rabbid-fused enemies and Bowser Jr.'s attempted takeover.
In the game, he has average offense and mobility, as well as great defense. Rabbid Luigi's primary weapon is the Bworb, a yo-yo with several elemental abilities (such as fire, stone, and vampire) but low weapon damage (unless it is boosted with Mario's M-power). Rabbid Luigi's secondary weapon is the Rocket, a long-range RPG-7-esque weapon that fires missiles.
Rabbid Luigi has a unique dash known as the "Vamp Dash", which deals a certain amount of damage (maximum 160), and heals a percentage of the damage (maximum 100%). It also heals other nearby teammates, regardless of whether or not they have a weapon that has a high chance of inflicting the Vamp status effect. Rabbid Luigi's first special ability is Super Barrier, which can protect him from Super Effects. Like Rabbid Mario's Bodyguard ability, it can be used with Peach's Protection ability to reduce the damage taken greatly. Rabbid Luigi's second special ability is Weaken, which decreases the damage dealt by nearby enemies by a certain percentage (maximum 70%). This, too, can be used in tandem with the Protection ability to reduce afflicted damage from enemies.
Rabbid Luigi is first seen in the beginning after he and Rabbid Peach team up with Mario to save the Mushroom Kingdom. He also has a 3D model in his likeness. Rabbid Luigi briefly appears in the intro of the Donkey Kong Adventure DLC side story alongside Mario and Luigi.
Rabbid Luigi reappears in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. In this game, he wears an outfit that resembles Luigi's clothes instead of his green vest. He now wields the Discrupter, a weapon that can hit multiple enemies in a row. His technique is Exhaust, which weakens enemy attacks similar to his Weaken ability in the first game. He is also now voiced by Bruce Sherfield.
Similar to his fellow Rabbids, Rabbid Luigi is playful, mischievous, and curious. However he shares common traits with Luigi, such as being easily frightened, clumsy, and preferring to avoid conflict. Rabbid Luigi also seems to be friendlier and more polite than his fellow Rabbids, waving at Peach, and being courteous. However he still shares his species' love of committing chaos. He also takes note of his human companions' reactions to anything his fellow Rabbids would find amusing. For instance, when he laughed at Rabbid Peach knocking over the block tower, he stopped when he saw Mario was not laughing. He also stopped clapping when he saw Mario and Luigi were shocked over the Time Washing Machine's disappearance along with Rabbid Peach and Beep-0. Despite his concerns for his companions' reactions, he still laughs at Mario during the Phantom's song, not seeing how easily offended and angered he is.
Relationships with other characters
- Rabbids, Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Yoshi, and Spawny - Rabbid Luigi treats his fellow Rabbids the same, with mischief and compassion. He was shown to be happy to see them at Peach's Castle. During the adventure, he aids his fellow Rabbids in battle.
- Mario - Along with Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Luigi was the ally to join Mario at the start of his latest adventure. They generally get along well, but due to his mischievous nature, Mario has a hard time controlling him along with the other Rabbids.
- Princess Peach and Yoshi - He is shown to be polite and kind towards Peach and is willing to help Yoshi and her out through the adventure.
- Luigi - Upon meeting him, Rabbid Luigi instantly bonded with Luigi and they are shown to be on very good terms.
- Beep-0 - Rabbid Luigi treats Beep-0 well, but due to his unpredictable nature, Beep-0 will get frustrated with him and the other Rabbids.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
"Rabbid Luigi is a defensive specialist who can leverage the unpredictable elemental forces that surround us all to great strategic effect."
- Figurine description: "The figurine shows Rabbid Luigi equipped with a magical weapon that he does not completely understand."
- Key Features:
- "CAUTION: unable to control his magical power"
- "Wearing a swhaaaggy cap"
- Character Description: "Rabbid Luigi is the most ingenuous of the Rabbid heroes. Easily scared, he will always avoid conflict given the choice... Despite this, he has very strong powers, even if he doesn’t really understand how to use them! He might not seem very menacing at first, but his great defensive and elemental skills make him the wizard every team needs."
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Official website bio
Brave, childish, curious, naive hero
Adorable doesn't mean defenceless, Rabbid Luigi is living proof of this. He may be naive, but he is also astoundingly brave and always tries his very best to fight for his friends.
Rabbid Luigi is most skilled at diminishing enemies by reducing the damage they are capable of dealing out.
- Weapon: Discruptor
- Range: 15m
- Critical Chance: 20%
- Technique: Exhaust
- Radius: 17m
- Weaken Effect: 50%
- Duration: 1 turn
- Cooldown: 3 turns
- Area of Movement: 13m
- Glide: 3.75 sec
- Dash: x1
- Team Jump: 5m
- Initial stats
- LVL: 1
- XP: 90/100
- HP: 600
- Weapon: 55 - 65 x3
- Critical: 84
- Dash: 50
An analysis of Rabbid Luigi's earlier adventures versus the Megabug reveal that he has matured much since then, yet he clearly maintains a childlike role within the group. However, his relationship with the other Heroes is as complementary as his naiveté is a welcome breath of fresh air. Does he make me smile as well? I have not the anatomical capacity, but the emotion? Yes, and I believe he does.
- Bruce Sherfield (English)
- Shin Matsushige (Japanese)
- Adrien Larmande (French)
- Simone Lupinacci (Italian)
- Carlos Bautista (Spanish)
Artwork drawn by Kinopio-kun
Artwork based on Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle to celebrate Holiday 2018, from official Twitter account for Rabbids
Rabbid Luigi artwork from Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Rabbid Luigi and Toxiquake
Names in other languages
|French||Lapin Luigi||Rabbit Luigi|
|Portuguese (NOA)||Rabbid Luigi||-|
- Ubisoft (September 22, 2022). Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope: What’s New with Combat, Exploration, and More. YouTube. Retrieved September 23, 2022.
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope - 100% Walkthrough Part 3 - Palette Prime (World 3)