Artwork of Beep-0
|First appearance||Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (2017)|
|Latest appearance||Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022)|
|Portrayed by||Matthew Géczy (English)|
(See Portrayals section for more)
Beep-0 (pronounced "beep-oh") is an ally character who appears in the Mario + Rabbids series. He is a small, circular robot assistant shaped like a robotic vacuum cleaner, with an LED display serving as his eyes that is blue by default but can change color to express his emotions. After entering the Mushroom Kingdom, Beep-0 permanently gains a pair of detached appendages that hover behind him, resembling Rabbid ears, and a rivet on his front, resembling Rabbid teeth. Beep-0 accompanies the protagonists throughout their adventures, providing commentary and acting as a guide.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
Beep-0 is first seen in the introductory cutscene of Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, inside the Genius Girl's workshop as her assistant. The Genius Girl is working on the SupaMerge, a headset with the function of fusing two things together, which she hopes will solve an energy crisis. However, after experiencing an overheating problem with the headset, she leaves to take a break. Soon after, the Rabbids appear in the workshop, having been transported there by the Time Washing Machine. As the Rabbids create mischief in the room, much to Beep-0's horror, one of them finds the SupaMerge and puts it on. Unable to control the headset's powers, this Rabbid fuses other Rabbids with several objects in the room, creating Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Mario in the process. The Time Washing Machine is then hit by a beam from the headset, causing Beep-0 and the Rabbids to be transported to the Mushroom Kingdom.
In the sky above the Ancient Gardens, Beep-0 gains features resembling the ears and teeth of a Rabbid, while the appearance of the Rabbid with the SupaMerge headset changes as well. Beep-0 is almost hit by a falling Time Washing Machine, but is saved by Mario, who takes him to safety. Upon landing, they soon encounter Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Luigi, who join them and help them fight off a group of villainous Garden Ziggies, which they successfully do due to weapons being sent to Beep-0 by a sender called "F.B.". Soon after, they look upon a vortex called the Megabug, which Beep-0 states is what brought him and the Rabbids to the Mushroom Kingdom, commenting that it has grown in size. They later come across the Rabbid with the SupaMerge headset and Luigi. Both find a Rabbid sleeping on a Piranha Plant, and are scared by it. The SupaMerge Rabbid, as a result of the fear, unintentionally fuses the Rabbid with the Piranha Plant, creating the Pirabbid Plant. After the plant is defeated by Mario's group, Luigi joins them. They later scale a large tower of blocks and find the SupaMerge Rabbid again, scaring him. Taking advantage of the situation, Bowser Jr., who observed what happened to the Pirabbid Plant, flies in on his Junior Clown Car and befriends the Rabbid, naming him Spawny. Intending to use Spawny's powers to take over the Mushroom Kingdom while his father is on vacation, Bowser Jr. flies off, leaving Mario's group to fight Rabbid Kong. Mario's group defeat Rabbid Kong, and return to Peach's Castle to report their progress to Princess Peach.
Beep-0 then joins the group as they journey to Sherbet Desert. About midway through the desert, they defeat Blizzy and Sandy, after which a recently freed Rabbid Mario joins them. They later come across the Icicle Golem and prepare to attack it, but are frozen. Just then, Peach flies in on her parasol and frees them, joining their active team as they defeat the monster.
They then travel to Spooky Trails, where they are directed by a mysterious third party to find the two "Relics of Goodness", which they claim will awaken "Tom Phan"; a being that has the power to defeat Bowser Jr.. While searching for the second relic, they encounter fortune-teller Madame Bwahstrella, who says that they are nearing their "doom". Beep-0 refuses to believe her however, not believing in superstitions. After finding the two relics, they are told that a full moon is required to awaken the relics' power. While finding a way to bring back the full moon, they encounter Calavera, holding Rabbid Yoshi hostage. After Calavera's defeat, Rabbid Yoshi joins the team. After reverting the full moon, Bowser Jr. appears with Spawny, revealing that he was sending the messages relating to "Tom Phan". He then scares Spawny, causing the latter to fuse a Rabbid with the two "Relics of Goodness", creating the Phantom. After the Phantom sings a song, he is defeated.
The group then travel to the Lava Pits. Here, they face off against more enemies before encountering Bowser Jr. and Spawny in the former's Mecha Jr.. Bowser Jr. is defeated and flees as Mario's group is joined by Yoshi, who has rescued Spawny. They attempt to leave the pit with Spawny. However, after getting Spawny past some enemies, he becomes attracted to the Megabug, which has grown large enough to obtain a physical, phoenix-like form. The Megabug consumes Spawny and flies off to Bowser's Castle, creating more Rabbid-fused enemies to halt the heroes' progress. Bowser Jr. returns to tell off Mario's team for allowing Spawny to get kidnapped, noting that at least his father is still on vacation. However, Bowser Jr. gets a text message from his father, saying that the latter has decided to come home early. Realizing his father is in danger, Bowser Jr. flies off to the castle, and Mario's group go there as well. Upon reaching the castle, Bowser Jr. requests the heroes to help his father, as he is barely conscious and near the Megabug. Although initially refusing to help Junior, Beep-0 soon agrees as the Megabug fuses with Bowser, creating MegaDragonBowser. After MegaDragonBowser is defeated, the Megabug separates from the Koopa King, and is attacked by Mario's group, causing it to be destroyed and seemingly closing the rift between the Super Mario and Rabbids worlds. Bowser Jr. attempts to convince Mario's group to be chastised in his place after Bowser regains consciousness, but Beep-0 returns with the others to Peach's Castle to notify the civilians of the good news.
At Peach's Castle, a new statue of Rabbid Peach is inaugurated, and the overjoyed Rabbid takes a selfie with the group. Meanwhile, Beep-0 sends a letter with weapons to his past self through the Time Washing Machine, revealing that "F.B." is actually "Future Beep-0".
Donkey Kong Adventure
Beep-0 reprises his role in the Donkey Kong Adventure DLC. In the DLC's story, he had returned to Peach's Castle with Mario, Luigi, Rabbid Luigi, and Rabbid Peach just after Rabbid Kong and the others had been sucked into the Time Washing Machine. He is the one to get to Rabbid Peach before the machine warps them to Banana Lagoon.
After falling away with only a part of the Washing Machine, they awaken to find themselves under attack by Tropical Ziggies. Having left her weapons back in the Mushroom Kingdom, Rabbid Peach and Beep-0 are almost done for, but at that moment, Donkey Kong appears and defeats them, with Rabbid Cranky not far behind. Beep-0 then learns from Rabbid Cranky that the Time Washing Machine parts had been scattered all across the island, and that they must get them back to return to the Mushroom Kingdom.
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Beep-0 returns in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope with the same role as in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, which is shared with his creation, JEANIE. He is also fully voiced, speaking with an upper class British accent. His voice actor is Matthew Géczy.
Despite Beep-0 being a robot assistant, he has many human personality traits. He is very out-going, sarcastic, and short-tempered. He also makes various puns during the adventures. At times, he is also somewhat blunt, as shown when he tells Toad that they will reunite him with his "less directionally-impaired buddy". Beep-0 swears on occasion, most notably in Spooky Trails, though the words themselves are censored by symbols.
As Beep-0 claims himself to be an "autonomously intelligent scientific research and operational assistant", he holds abundant knowledge of the Super Mario universe, as well as the Rabbids themselves. However, there are times where he falls for some traps, as shown when Bowser Jr. hacks into F.B.'s email to send them messages about awakening Tom Phan.
Beep-0 becomes less short-tempered in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope.
Relationships with other characters
- Rabbids, Rabbid Mario, Rabbid Peach, Rabbid Yoshi, and Rabbid Luigi - Due to the Rabbids' unpredictable and unintelligent nature, Beep-0 is frustrated with them at first, but slowly warms up to them.
- Spawny - Beep-0 gets mad at Spawny when his reckless mishandling of the SupaMerge causes them to get teleported to the Mushroom Kingdom, but changes his view of him soon when he sees how the fused SupaMerge activates whenever Spawny panics and becomes stressed.
- Mario - Beep-0 befriends Mario and becomes his closest ally when Mario rescues him from the falling Time Washing Machine.
- Toad and Toadette - Unlike most characters, Beep-0 shows clear brutal honesty and disdain towards Toad and Toadette, outright refusing their request to check up on Princess Peach, getting easily angered at seeing Toadette in Spooky Trails, and when she and Toad leave despite Beep-0 asking them not to get lost again.
- Luigi - Beep-0 is on good terms with Luigi, although he misnames him a few times when meeting him, but consistently addresses him by his correct name in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope.
- Princess Peach - Beep-0 is shown to be polite and kind towards Peach.
- Rosalina - Beep-0 becomes concerned for Rosalina when learning she was captured and merged with Cursa.
- JEANIE - Due to Beep-0 creating JEANIE and the WM ARC spaceship, Beep-0 is on good terms with her despite her recently being self-aware and her sudden arrogance. After the events of Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, he tells JEANIE how proud he is of her and that his mentoring to help her adopt and engage in emotional experiences was not in vain.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
In Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Beep-0 has four abilities he can use outside of battle. Each is used by pressing next to the object compatable with each ability.
- Move: Learned after clearing Ancient Gardens, and the only ability available in Donkey Kong Adventure. Beep-0 can push blocks from the side to fill in gaps or push buttons on the ground.
- Lift: Learned after clearing Sherbet Desert. Beep-0 can pick up small statues or items and place them on pedestals which often open paths or solve puzzles.
- Smash: Learned after clearing Spooky Trails. Beep-0 can destroy cracked blocks.
- Dig: Learned after clearing Lava Pit. Beep-0 can clear small mounds of dirt.
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
In Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, Beep-0 learns two abilities, each obtained from non-battle Sparks.
- Wave: Learned after recruiting Decibel in Pristine Peaks, and used by tapping . Beep-0 can push large blocks or destroy cracked walls or blocks, many of which bear Cursa's emblem. Once Drizzle is recruited in Terra Flora, Beep-0 is also able to use this ability to form trails of vines over large gaps.
- Scan: Learned after recruiting Twinkle in Palette Prime, and used by holding . Beep-0 can reveal hidden objects, footprints, and bridges.
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
- "Why do I have ears?" - Beep-0 noticing his new Rabbid ears
- "Bowser Jr.! It was you that sent us those messages asking us to collect the Relics of Goodness... so we could unlock the Moon Gate to find Mr. Tom Phan, wasn't it? I knew it all along! Er... well, I suspected... Okay, I just figured it out in the last thirty seconds! Tom Phan was a red herring. It was just a TRAP, wasn't it?" - Beep-0's reaction to finding out that Tom Phan was not real before the Phantom appears
- "Oh, #%$*@ - not again." - Beep-0's reaction when Toadette appears in Spooky Trails
- "So, Yoshi, is it true have your own island?" - Beep-0 meeting Yoshi
- "I hope you're happy!"
The following two in-game quotes are dubbed "Beep-0's words of wisdom" by Ubisoft and were highlighted on their social media channels during the Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle Community Competition.
- "A wise man once said ‘If I have three hours to chop a tree, I will spend two of them sharpening my axe’"
- "I fear our travails thus far are just a prelude for what is to come.
"Be on your guard..."
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- "Well, perhaps my mentoring hasn't been in vain after all.... I'm proud of you, JEANIE."
- Matthew Géczy (English)
- Hiroki Goto (Japanese)
- Sébastien Desjours (French)
- Luca Sandri (Italian)
- Juan Antonio Soler (Spanish)
Artwork of Beep-0 and Rabbid Cranky
Beep-0 swearing upon seeing Toadette
Beep-0's words of wisdom for the Community Competition
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope icon (Tacticam)
Key artwork for Rayman in the Phantom Show
Names in other languages
Beep-O (by JEANIE)
- Voice actor confirmation from Davide Soliani
- Allega Frank (May 27, 2017). More Mario and Rabbids RPG details hint at gameplay. Polygon. Retrieved October 2, 2017. (Archived January 27, 2023, 23:53:25 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- RabbidsOfficial (December 19, 2018). X. Retrieved October 18, 2023. (Archived October 18, 2023, 14:33:33 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- RabbidsOfficial (January 8, 2019). X. Retrieved October 18, 2023. (Archived October 18, 2023, 14:42:16 UTC via Wayback Machine.)