|First appearance||Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022)|
- “JEANIE: For Cursa to create a clone such as this it would need to inherit a DNA blueprint from the Megabug or... ...have created one itself.
Edge: Cursa's got NO idea what I'm made of... ...but I'm gonna show it.”
- —JEANIE and Edge, Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
Darkmess Edge is a copy of Edge created by Cursa that serves as the second boss of Cursa's stronghold in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. The battle it is fought in is known as Deep, Dark Secret. Its creation was enabled from the real Edge also being created by Cursa, as revealed after the battle.
Darkmess Edge looks exactly like Edge, although its color is black to resemble Darkmess. Darkmess Edge also has orange glowing eyes without pupils, and its hair is orange.
During the battle, Edge is required to use while the player can choose three other party members. Darkmess Edge fights exactly like the real Edge, using a Flying Blade and can also use the Stormblade technique to attack heroes that move too close to it during their turn. It is resistant to the Burn Super Effect.
|Highly skilled close quarters combatant with the ability to chain multiple targets together. Its Technique allows it to provide protection for itself and its allies.|
- Darkmess Blade
- When thrown at an enemy, it ignores Partial Cover while hitting multiple targets along the way.
- Darkmess Stormblade
- If a target within range and line of sight moves, all targets within range are attacked.
- Dash x3
- Dashes and damages a target within range.
- Darkmess Blade
Names in other languages
|French||Edge de Confusi-Ombre||Edge of Darkmess|
|German||Finsterzeit Rebella||Darkmess Edge|
|Italian||Edge dell'Oscutiferio||Darkmess' Edge|
|Portuguese||Edge da Malumbra||Darkmess Edge|
|Spanish||Edge de ascoridad||Darkmess Edge|