- This article is about the location. For the Quest, see The Winter Palace.
|First appearance||Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope (2022)|
The Winter Palace is a palace that is located on the planet Pristine Peaks, in Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope. Inside, there are lots of staircases, passages, a garden, and murals depicting the history of Captain Orion, the warden of the planet. There is also a library at the top floor. The first time the heroes access the Winter Palace, Captain Orion joins them.
Rabbid Rosalina is found here, along with one of Cursa's Spark Hunters, Midnite, who is fought as a boss. The Giant Squashette is also located inside the palace, which can be fought as an optional boss.
The entrance to the Winter Palace has a Teleport Flag and a shop by SALESBOT 9.99+TX, along with a staircase that grants access to a higher floor. A door to the right of the room leads to a small passage, which contains an Immunity Charm. There is a Darkmess Puddle that has the battle known as A Cold Greeting, which has the Spark Pyrogeddon, along with the introduction to Sea Stooges. The left path takes the heroes to the room that has the Giant Squashette, while the right path takes the heroes to the "Captain Orion" Memory, guarded by a Sea Stooge. Murals 1 and 2 are found while on the stairs.
The next room the heroes enter is the Ballroom, where Murals 3 and 4 are located at the beginning of the room. Two statues, which are of Lady Vanesia - the former regent of Pristine Peaks, and Lord Magnesio, the previous tenant of the Winter Palace. These statues wield mirrors, which must be used to reflect sunlight to a crystal to cause a puzzle to appear, which the heroes must solve to unlock the door to the next room. The puzzle consists of constellations that must be connected to line up the stars. In order to turn the statues, two switches must be found in other rooms, which two doors lead to. Three doors allow access to more rooms, on the left, middle, and right of the room respectively.
The left door leads to many hallways, and the heroes encounter Midnite, who taunts them and flies away. These hallways contain many dead ends, which warp the heroes back to a specific room, while Midnite laughs in the distance. The heroes must use Beep-0's Wave Power to break down cracked walls to reveal hidden doors to move on. The paths eventually lead to one of the two switches needed to progress onward. A hidden Treasure Chest can be found in one of the walls, containing a Planet Coin, along with Star Bits.
The door to the right of the ballroom leads to the garden, where a maze of hedges filled with Squashers and Sea Stooges are. The heroes must get past the enemies, and unlock a Darkmess Gate to reach to the other switch, which is also needed to progress onward.
After the heroes solve the Ballroom's puzzle, the middle door is unlocked, which leads to a tall staircase, where Midnite taunts Captain Orion by destroying Rabbid Rosalina's knitwork. She then vanishes again, and the heroes chase after her. Murals 5 and 6 are found here.
The staircase leads to the top floor, which is the library. Midnite once again taunts the heroes, this time telling them that her and Edge used to be friends. She then vanishes inside the Darkmess Tentacle in the library, and the heroes, along with Rabbid Rosalina, defeat Midnite in a battle, known as Midnite Library. After the battle, Captain Orion thanks the heroes, and Rabbid Rosalina joins them on their adventure. The Memory for Midnite is also obtained after the battle. A green pipe can be used to travel outside of the Winter Palace and vice versa, although it can only be used after defeating Midnite. Murals 7, 8, 9, and 10 are found in the library as well.
A pipe connects to the second level of the library, where a Darkmess Puddle with the battle The Diva and the Bookworm is at this second level. The battle is a side quest, and the heroes Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Rosalina must be used for the battle. Completion of the battle awards the Steampunk Triple Troll for Rabbid Peach, along with the Rabbid Peach Memory. There is also a Memory at this second level, on the opposite side of the pipe, which contains the Winter Palace Memory.
- Winter Palace Hidden Hallway (Secret treasure chest inside a wall)
- The Diva and the Bookworm (Darkmess Puddle battle where Rabbid Peach and Rabbid Rosalina must be used)
- Tiny Dancer (Boss battle against the Giant Squashette, and 19 Sparks are required to unlock the golden pipe)
- Sea Stooges
- Flamin' Stooges (Battles only)
- Scopers (Battles only)
- Lone Wolves (Battles only)
- Deep Freezes (Battles only)
- Bob-ombs (Battles only)
- Midnite (Boss)
- Giant Squashette (Optional boss)
Sparks found here
- Captain Orion
- Rabbid Peach
- The Winter Palace
The following is a list of Murals found inside the Winter Palace, and they tell the story of Captain Orion and his Mystery Co-pilot, Rabbid Rosalina. Beep-0 provides the quotes below.
- Mural 1
- "Orion made a daring escape from Cursa, yet even at the risk of capture he made sure to pay his harbor fees beforehand."
- Mural 2
- "Here's the master navigator, err... holding his map upside down while trying to find a rest stop with a bathroom."
- Mural 3
- "Orion faced a Comet-Eater and lived, but ask to hear the story and all you get is grumbling about fuel costs and wholesale prices of celestial fish."
- Mural 4
- "Orion ran out of fuel and called his insurance company for "deep space gondola assistance". That stuff pays for itself!"
- Mural 5
- "Orion paid for fuel and a variety of extremely unhealthy snacks with loose change. The cashier ignored him."
- Mural 6
- "Orion was so destitute at one point that he used an old boot as bait in hopes a neutrino slime would fancy using it as a nest. GROSS!"
- Mural 7
- "Looks like a cross between an angry nebula shark and an extremely irritated blob lobster. I'll admit, I'm stumped."
- Mural 8
- "Orion obeys the celestial angler's code- give aid whenever needed. Though it looks like his first aid certification is a little rusty."
- Mural 9
- "Captain Orion struggles at map reading, having always considered them an "extravagant luxury" meant for the idle rich."
- Mural 10
- "Orion and his mystery co-pilot ran out of fuel AGAIN and were forced to crash-land here."
- "That's what happens when you put only two coins worth of fuel into your ship at a time."
- THE WINTER PALACE
Do I appreciate the "classical beauty" of the Winter Palace? I believe so. Its intricate exterior is duly impressive. Its main keep is flanked by two great wings, protected by labyrinths, secret passages, and more.
Most impressive is the Winter Palace library, curated by Telesio, a descendant of the palace's original owners. He restricts access to the library with an ingenious mechanism.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Palazzo d'inverno||Winter Palace|