Mario and Luigi in Stardust Fields in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (2003)
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (2017)
|Fighter Flies, Bill Blasters, Tolstar, Starshade Bros.
Stardust Fields is the border region between the Beanbean Kingdom and the Mushroom Kingdom. The place is a purple plateau that contains barrels and fallen stars, as well as a perpetual night sky in the fields. The Starshade Bros. occupy the area in some manner, having access to several underground areas with star-shaped entrances. The area is mostly in the Beanbean Kingdom, though a small portion of it (called Beanbean Borderland) is in the Mushroom Kingdom. Beanbean Borderland is the first place that Mario and Luigi visit when Bowser's Koopa Cruiser crashes. The border between the two kingdoms is guarded by the Border Bros, and to cross the border, travelers must complete a round of jump rope in a minigame called the Border Jump. Mario and Luigi can also return to do the Border Jump again in exchange for Hee Beans, though they are not allowed to cross back to the Mushroom Kingdom side.
Once in the Beanbean Kingdom proper, Mario and Luigi meet the large Tolstar, who gives them the task to free Bowser from his cannon by giving him 100 Beanbean coins. To gain more coins, Mario and Luigi go farther into the fields, where they also learn how to spin-jump and high-jump from the Starshade Bros. After Mario and Luigi collect enough money and give it to Tolstar, he reveals that he had lied about freeing Bowser simply to be greedy and then attacks them. Once Tolstar is defeated, Sergeant Starshade comes back out, irritated by the noise of the battle. He lights the cannon Bowser is in, launching him away. Afterwards, Mario and Luigi head to Hoohoo Village.
Bordering or connecting locations to Stardust Fields include:
|Given by the Border Bros. after Mario and Luigi are just about to leave.
|In the ? Block in the northeast of the Z-shaped path screen in the north.
|In the ? Block in the southwest of the Z-shaped path screen in the north.
|One screen to the northeast of the Tolstar screen, in the ? Block in the southwest of the high area.
|Two screens to the northeast of the Tolstar screen, in the ? Block above the small bump in the southwest.
|Three screens to the northeast of the Tolstar screen, in the ? Block in the northeast.
|In the cave between Stardust Fields and Hoohoo Village, in the ? Block on the high platform in the north.
|In the cave between Stardust Fields and Hoohoo Village, in the ? Block in the northwest.
|Three screens to the northeast of the Tolstar screen, in the ? Block in the southwest.
|Three screens to the northeast of the Tolstar screen, in the ? Block in the northwest.
|Three screens to the southeast of the Tolstar screen, in the right ? Block on the northeast platform.
- Instruction booklet descriptions:
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions
Names in other languages
Hoshikuzu ga Hara
|Shooting Star Fields
|Shooting Star Fields
- In the English version of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, the Mario Bros. meet the Starshade Bros. in Stardust Fields Area 64. In the Japanese version, they meet them in Area 51. These are references to the Nintendo 64 and the secret military facility located in the southwest United States, respectively.
- When Mario jumps on Bowser prior to meeting Tolstar, the coins that pop up are actually given to the player. This is to prevent the player from having zero coins to give to Tolstar, which would otherwise be possible by running away from enemies until the player is out of coins in the original game.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga Instruction Booklet (North American), page 10.
- 「マリオ&ルイージRPG 取扱説明書」 (Mario & Luigi RPG Toriatsukai Setsumeisho), page 7.