It has been requested that more images be uploaded for this article. Remove this notice only after the additional image(s) have been added. Reason: in-level appearance as well as NES and DOS screenshots
Buenos Aires, officially the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires, is the capital and primate city of Argentina, South America. It appears in all versions of Mario is Missing!. It is part of the third level set in the PC version, the second in the SNES version, and in the fifth pair of levels alongside London in the NES version. Like all the other cities in Mario is Missing!, Buenos Aires was invaded by Koopa Troopas. In all versions of the game, the Troopas stole a flute from the Teatro Colon, a stone from the Obelisk Monument, and a Boleadoras from the Gaucho Museum. Luigi liberated the city by finding and returning the stolen artifacts to their respective landmarks.
Information from Mario is Missing!
- "Its name starts and ends with the letter A. You're in the second largest country in South America, okay?"
- "This is South America: take a peek at the Andes, world's second highest peaks!"
- "While you're here you can see gauchos, Argentina's version of the cowboy."
- "Take your sweater, it gets Chile as you head towards the Pacific Ocean."
- Business Woman:
- "Buenos Aires is the second largest Latin American City after Mexico City."
- "Español is the national language in Buenos Aires."
- "Buenos Aires was founded in 1536 by the Spanish."
- "The Plaza de Mayo is the biggest square in Buenos Aires. The city's name means 'good air.'"
- Police Officer:
- "On South America's east coast, Buenos Aires harbor gives Argentina a reason to boast."
Names in other languages