|First appearance||Mario is Missing! (1992)|
The gladiator's spear is an item in the NES, SNES and PC releases of Mario is Missing!. It is one of the original spears used by gladiators in ancient Roman combat. It was being exhibited in the Colosseum in Rome, but it gets stolen by a Koopa Troopa under Bowser's orders. When Luigi visits Rome, he takes it back, then questions the various locals about it. A scientist, for example, dates it back to 72 AD. After gathering enough information, he takes it to the Colosseum's information booth, at which point he answers various questions to prove the authenticity of the Spear. After confirming it, Luigi returns the Spear, and the Colosseum is opened up for tourists again.
- Boy: "That's from the colossal arena! It sat 50,000 ancient Roman dudes!"
- Tourist: "Two thumbs up to Latin Manhattan's most famous arena. That's a gladiator harpoon you've got there."
- Business Woman: "When gladiators met lions in the Colosseum, they used that spear to try and flee 'em."
- Scientist: "The arena was built by an emperor way back in AD 72, no wonder it's in ruins. That spear is in good shape though."
- Police Officer: "That's a spear....the Colosseum is where it belongs, et tu?"