Stone from the Great Wall
|Stone from the Great Wall|
|First appearance||Mario is Missing! (1992)|
The stone from the Great Wall is an item in all versions of Mario is Missing!. It is one of the bricks that make up the Great Wall of China. It gets taken by a Koopa Troopa when a group of them invade Beijing, causing the entire structure to be closed off. Luigi eventually comes across it while exploring the city, and as he does not know where it belongs, he brings it to the city's citizens and asks them about it. Everyone that he meets recognize the generic brick as belonging to the Great Wall, and after gaining enough knowledge, he returns the item to the Wall's information booth, receiving $1225 as a reward.
- Boy: "Totally rad -- it's a brick from the only thing on earth an astronaut can see from space."
- Tourist: "The Great Wall is so wide, five horses can run on it, side by side."
- Business Woman: "That's from China's Great Wall, built to keep out barbarians like that evil Bowser. Hope you find Mario soon!"
- Scientist: "That brick from China's Wall is 23 centuries old!"
- Police Officer: "I'll tell you where that brick belongs...in a wall that's 3,946 miles long."
- In the NES version, the stone shares its sprite with that of the important stone in Montreal, although it has been recolored.