World 1-1 (Super Mario Bros. 2)
|Game||Super Mario Bros. 2|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
World 1-1 (Chapter 1-1 in Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic) (titled Ready, Set, Go! or Set out on the Great Adventure!) is the first level of World 1 in Super Mario Bros. 2. As such, it is a simple level that introduces reoccurring enemies like Shyguys, Tweeters, and Ninjis. Pink Birdo is fought at the end.
World 1-1 starts with the chosen character dropping down from a doorway suspended in mid air onto a grassy hill with some Shyguys. At the bottom of the hill, there is another doorway, which leads outside. There is an extra 1-Up disguised as a plant next to a POW on top of a hill. There is a shortcut to Birdo that can be found in the cave area halfway through the level. After climbing up the vine, instead of exiting to the right to the normal exit, the player can jump across the waterfall and use bombs to blow up brick walls. After going through the door on the other side, the character proceeds to the right and Power Squat Jumps over the wall on the right side of the screen, where Birdo is faced.
- The first one is near the Magic Potion on the hill.
- The second one is above the logs on the second waterfall.
- The third one is in the cave that the player get in through the door.
- This one is located on the cloud with the Shyguy just before getting to the vines.
- The last coin is on the left of the first 3 vines.
- The first egg is at the bottom of the vine that the player has to climb up to get the Magic Potion.
- The second egg is on the hill right across from the cloud above the cloud with the jar that has the Magic Potion.
Super Mario All-Stars version
- In Super Mario Advance, World 1-1 has the most changes of all the levels in World 1.
- Nintendo Power Volume 1, page 14.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 Inside Out, Part I. Page 6.