World 3-1 (Super Mario Bros. 2)
|Game||Super Mario Bros. 2|
|<< Directory of levels >> **|
World 3-1 (Chapter 3-1 in Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic; titled Need a Lift? or Welcome to the Waterfall Above the Clouds) is the first level of World 3 in Super Mario Bros. 2.
World 3-1 starts in a small area, where the only obstacle is a waterfall. Across the waterfall is the door to the next area, where the player has to jump on a vertical arrangement of clouds toward the top of a larger waterfall. Once at the top could, the player has to ride a Pidgit's carpet into the sky while dodging Beezos; they will soon come across the beanstalk to get to the next area. At the bottom of the waterfall is a door that leads to a cave. Here, the player can access a hidden Subspace Warp to World 5. The door on the right side of the vase sends the player back up to the waterfall area at the door they first came in from the first area of the level, and this particular door behaves in an "exit-only" manner and cannot re-enter the cave via that door.
The right side of the area has Shyguys and Pansers, with the door to the boss room and Red Birdo at the end. The area to the left is a shortcut that can take the player directly to the boss room, and can only be reached by Power Squat Jumping across the gap. Depending on the character, this may require the use of a Mushroom Block; when thrown to the left from high enough, it will 'land' on one of the smaller clouds and provide a platform to make crossing somewhat easier.
Ace Coin locations in Super Mario Advance
- The first coin is right above the point where the player comes out of the door on the hill.
- The second coin is midway down the waterfall to the Subspace Warp's cave, on the left side of the stage.
- The third coin is around where the player first obtains the flying carpet, on the right side of the stage.
- The fourth coin is on the left side of the stage above this area, close to the vine.
- The last coin is located inside the door after the player makes use of the shortcut.
Yoshi Egg locations in Super Mario Advance
- The first egg is next to the jar that leads the player to World 5.
- The second egg is on the cloud above the hill in the sky.
Super Mario All-Stars version
- This level may be the reason for the increase of waterfall animation frames from two to seven between the original Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic and Super Mario Bros. 2, as the rapidly-changing tiles taking up most of the screen in the original could potentially lead to seizures.