|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|<< List of worlds >>|
- “The most beautiful flowers used to grow around here, but they died back when those awful machines came!”
- —Bramble, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Mekanos, also named Mekanos Island or the Island of Mekanos, is the fourth world of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!, but can also be accessed as the third world (and vice versa for Cotton Top Cove). It is an island filled with large factories and pipelines, located in the Northern Kremisphere. The boss of Mekanos is the giant robot, KAOS. The name "Mekanos" is a combination of "mecha" and "Mykonos", an island in Greece.
According to Bramble, Mekanos was once a beautiful island filled with plant life, but after the Kremling Krew invaded the Northern Kremisphere, they built machines and factories over it, even deforesting the trees in the area (as seen in the level Ripsaw Rage). Mekanos is similar to Kremkroc Industries, Inc. from Donkey Kong Country as both are heavily polluted industrial areas. Mekanos is more forest-based, complete with many warehouses, factories, pipelines, and a logging area. Mekanos also has a dam that separates the central lake from its sea inlet.
Bazooka is the Brother Bear of Mekanos, and Dixie and Kiddy Kong must visit and provide him with the bowling ball in order to reach the secret cave, "Sky High Secret", which is elevated by a large claw.
|This level takes place in a Kremling factory. The main obstacle are Karbines, which are small owl enemies who hide in the background and launch fireballs from a small cannon that they carry. Dixie and Kiddy must avoid the fireballs along with large fire pits below some rope-scaling areas.||Karbine
|This level takes place inside a large pipe system. Here the Kongs first jump into a rail car connected to the upper pipe, and they ride it throughout the level. The rail car is used to successfully jump over enemies and gaps, and complete the level in one piece.||Buzz
|A giant saw cuts upwards and through trees in this forest level. The Kongs need to jump and dodge the giant saw as they climb upward.||Buzz
|Bazukas are the main feature of this level, which takes place in a factory filled with TNT Barrels. They shoot barrels from their cannons, which allows Dixie and Kiddy to safely cross the lava pits. Squitter and Switch Barrels are also required to complete the level.||Bazuka
|This level takes place inside a pipeline filled with a strange green mist that lowers the gravity. In response, the Kongs become slow on foot, but are able to jump high into the air. Quawks first appears in this level.||Buzz
Squawks (Bonus Area)
Boss level: Kaos Karnage
|The Kongs fight the world boss, KAOS, in a small factory.||None||None|
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
- Player's Guide (page 5): The toxic terrors luking among the rusted ruins on the industrialized island of Mekanos are not for the faint of heart. This world contains some of the toughest challenges in the game, especially when you're searching for Bonus Coins.
- Nintendo Power vol. 89 (page 36): Slime from the heavily industrialized island of Mekanos is polluing the water north of Funky Kong's rental shop. There's been some strange going-on late at night around the factories and wild tales about low gravity gases in underground chambers. Could this be where Diddy and Donkey are monkerying around?
- Nintendo Power vol. 91 (page 56): After Dixie and Kiddy broke out of the gooey webs in Arich's Ambush, they found a patch to seal the hole in Funky Kong's Hovercraft. Now you can use the Hovercraft to glide across the rocks and sail to the Kremling factory on the Island of Mekanos. After you clean up this toxic waste dump, you'll finally kind Kaos the Robot.
Render of the map from the Game Boy Advance remake
Names in other languages
Mekanosu Kōjō no Shima
|Mekanos Factory Island|
- After defeating KAOS for the first time, Dixie and Kiddy use pipes as a shortcut to leave Mekanos, similar to the functionality of pipes in the Super Mario series.
- Nintendo Power Volume 89, page 37.
- Nintendo Power Volume 90, page 33.
- Nintendo Power Volume 91, page 56.
- M. Arakawa. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Player's Guide. Page 60. "RIPSAW RAGE The Kremlings will stop at nothing, not even cutting down an entire forest, to get you."
- M. Arakawa. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Player's Guide. Page 62. "BLAZING BAZUKAS Take a tiptoe through the TNT in this high-tech, high-explosive factory! To cross gaps, bounce along the barrels (except the TNT Barrels) that Bazuka shoots."
- Super Donkey Kong 3: Nazo no Kremis-tō「クレミス島マップ」fold-out