The Brothers Bear, minus Bachelor
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA) (2005)|
- “All of my brothers are scattered over these islands...”
- —Bazaar, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
The Brothers Bear are a family of bear brothers who live in the Northern Kremisphere in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Each of them have their own establishment, a unique personality and role. Most of the Brothers Bear have a Banana Bird, which Dixie and Kiddy Kong can usually obtain by providing them with a unique item. Every Brother Bear's name starts with the letter "B".
The Brothers Bear all reside in the same type of cabin, which only differs by color scheme and small cosmetics. In the Game Boy Advance port, each of their cabins are completely redesigned and look entirely different from each other.
In the Game Boy Advance port of Donkey Kong Country 3, a new bear is added to the Brothers Bear, named Bachelor. He appears in Lake Orangatanga, as Barnacle was moved to the port-exclusive world, Pacifica.
In Donkey Kong Land III, they are replaced with Bears resembling Bazaar. Bears operate the Sheepy Shop around the Northern Kremisphere, where the Kongs can play cards, pay two bear coins to hear a hint, or pay five bear coins to teleport to another area in the world map.
There are 13 Brothers Bear in Donkey Kong Country 3 (14 if counting Bachelor from the Game Boy Advance port).
|Bachelor (Game Boy Advance version)|
Names in other languages
Kuremisu-tō no Jūnintachi
Kuma no Tomodachi
|Kremis Islands' Dwellers|
|French||Fréras Ours||Brothers Bear|
Fratelli Orsi (GBA)
|Spanish||Hermanos Osos||Brothers Bear|
- "Dixie and Kiddy won't lack for help on this adventure. Besides having the Kong clan in their corner, they'll also meet up with a family of bear brothers–thirteen of them, to be exact–during their travels. Some will sell you items, some will give you advice, and still others will just give you a hard time!" - Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Player’s Guide, page 10.
- Super Donkey Kong 3: Nazo no Kremis-tō instruction booklet, page 24.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Spanish-Italian booklet, pagg. 33, 37, 48, and 50