- Not to be confused with Banana Fairy Princess.
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3 (Game Boy Advance) (2005)|
- “You did it, you did it! You've found all of my children. At last, I can be freed from K. Rool's spell. Ready Children!! Sing along with me!”
- —Banana Queen, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
The Banana Queen, also known as the Queen Banana Bird or Banana Bird Queen, is a giant multi-colored Banana Bird and the mother of all Banana Birds. She only appears in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Prior to the game's events, the Banana Queen was sealed behind an evil barrier from Baron K. Roolenstein when he invaded the Northern Kremisphere. The Banana Birds were scattered in various parts of the island, including being trapped in secret caves.
After Dixie and Kiddy Kong get every Banana Bird, they must visit Wrinkly's Save Cave (or Wrinkly's Retreat in the Game Boy Advance re-release). From there, every Banana Bird returns to where the Banana Queen is, which is at the very top left corner of the Northern Kremisphere world map, only reachable using the Gyrocopter. In the original release, the Banana Queen is located behind some clouds, but the Game Boy Advance version features her on top of a mountain to the right of the secret cave, K's Cache. At the Banana Queen's place, the Banana Bids all sing an enchanted song that destroys her barrier. The Banana Queen thanks the Kongs, and brief chase scene occurs where the Banana Queen, with the Kongs on her back, chases Baron K. Roolenstein around the world map, eventually flying above K. Rool to drop a giant egg on him.
Banana Queen as she is depicted in 4-koma Gag Battle
Names in other languages
|Italian||Regina degli uccelli banana
|Queen of the banana birds|
- media:QBB Overworld DKC3 GBA.png
- M. Arakawa. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Player's Guide. Pages 10 and 128.
- M. Arakawa. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Player's Guide. Page 127.