|Level code||5 - 5|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|Music track||Frosty Frolics|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Lemguin Lunge is the twenty-fifth level in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and the fifth and final regular level of K3. As its name suggests, Lemguins are featured throughout the level, including in both of its Bonus Areas; an indefinite number of these enemies spawn out from one of the eight holes in the level, and then slide at Dixie and Kiddy Kong. The Kongs either have to avoid the Lemguins or, in some cases, bounce on them individually. Lemguin Lunge starts with a heavy snowstorm that slowly calms as the Kongs progress through the stage, similarly to Ice Age Alley from Donkey Kong Country, though the sky becomes orange near the end.
When the level begins, the monkeys will make their way to a small alcove, consisting of a lone Skidda. They should dodge the enemy and continue on, where they will cross a small gap, grabbing the letter K. After landing on the other side of the gap, they will be confronted with several Lemguins sliding down the pathway. If they manage to get past the foes, they will make their way to another gap, which must be crossed. Walking eastward from the abyss, the Kongs will find another tribe of Lemguins coming at them. The monkeys should hop on a small housetop to dodge them, as well as grab the letter O. Farther on, they will pass the whole Lemguin group and travel over a small set of gaps. Upon approaching the third gap, they will meet the next Lemguin tribe. The penguins will get in their way until the apes tread up a few small hills and pass their hideout. After that, however, Dixie Kong and Kiddy Kong will find another group of Lemguins. If the heroes avoid all the enemies and race over a small gap, they will find the Star Barrel at the top of a hill.
About halfway into the level, the heroes will slide down a hill to find the letter N and meet some more Lemguins. They should dodge the enemies and cross a small gap. Landing on a platform, they will need to defeat a lone Skidda and cross a second small gap in the area. Once this is done, they will encounter some more Lemguins. Following behind one of the penguins, they will soon make their way to another gap, one slightly larger than the previous pits. After crossing it, the apes will slide up and down a few icy hills, moving into the letter G at some point. Heading on, the group will pass another gap and walk up a fairly steep hill. Though this would normally be easily for the monkeys, Lemguins will slide down the same hill, trying to attack the Kongs. After getting up the hill, they will continue to dodge the foes, climbing over a rooftop to avoid getting hit. Soon, they will pass the enemies' hideout and head down a few stair-like platforms. Traveling a little farther from there, Dixie and her young partner will jump over a small gap again to reach a large and steep hill. As they climb this dangerous slope, the apes will meet more Lemguins, constantly getting in their way. Eventually, the Kongs will pass the foes and spot a flagpole. Raising the pole's flag will end the level.
The following enemies appear in the following quantities:
Items and objects
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
DK Barrel (3)
- K: Floating above the first pit in the level, after the first Skidda.
- O: On the roof of a small house, about halfway in the level.
- N: On a downward slope just after the Star Barrel.
- G: After collecting the letter N, the Kongs must pass two more pits spawning Lemguins and a Skidda. The letter G is floating above the third and final Skidda of the level.
Shortly after the letter O, Dixie and Kiddy can find the Koin guarding the level's DK Coin. The lead Kong must pick up a Steel Keg next to it and throw it to the wall on the left. The Kongs must quickly jump the other side, so that it rolls into the Koin's back, defeating it and causing it to relinquish its DK Coin.
Lemguin Lunge has two Bonus Levels, listed by type:
- Find the Coin!: The first Bonus Barrel is located directly above the red Buzz at the start of the level. To reach it, the Kongs must use team up carefully, where Kiddy must throw Dixie into the Bonus Barrel without her hitting into a red Buzz. In this Bonus Area, the Kongs have fifteen seconds to go up a hill and collect the Bonus Coin. However, there are Lemguins sliding down at them. The Kongs must bounce between each Lemguin before reaching the Bonus Coin at the end.
- Collect 30 Stars!: The second Bonus Barrel is located below a small house is located shortly after the letter G, but there are Lemguins sliding past it. To reach it, the Kongs must go over the house and then run left, between two Lemguins, into the Bonus Barrel. The Kongs have to collect 30 stars while avoiding being by Lemguins that slide in their path. After collecting each star, the Bonus Coin appears at the right end of the area.
Names in other languages
Rengin no niwa
|French||Attaque de Lemguin||Lemguin Attack|
|German||Lemguins Frost-Flitzer||Lemguins Frost Runabout|
|Italian||Pista Nera di Lemguin||Black Track of Lemguin|
|Spanish||Embestida Lemguin||Lemguin Lunge|