|Game||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!|
|<< List of worlds (SNES) >>|
<< List of worlds (GBA) >>
- “My chair-lift is the safest route up the cliffs.”
- —Benny, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Razor Ridge is the sixth world of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!.
Razor Ridge is in a mountain area located near a large fissure and filled with whirling machinery. Due to the fissure, the only way to travel between areas is through the use of a chairlift. Razor Ridge has many caves and vast areas of cliffs. At the base of the cliffs are cesspools with pitch-black water, created from floodwater runoff.
Razor Ridge has two chairlifts that are operated by the Brother Bear twins, Benny and Björn respectively. Benny's Chairlifts is found near the start of Razor Ridge, and Björn's Chairlifts is on the other side of Razor Ridge. When Dixie and Kiddy give the No.6 wrench to Björn, he fixes the chairlifts, allowing them to reach the secret cave, Clifftop Cache.
Barbos is the boss of Razor Ridge, and its domain is in a small lake at the center-right part of Razor Ridge. In the Game Boy Advance version, the world boss was changed to Kroctopus, and Barbos was made the boss of Pacifica instead.
|The first cave level, Buzzer Barrage has many Buzzes. The Kongs transform into Quawks, who is played as for the majority of the level. Kopters make their debut appearance.|
|Throughout the level, Dixie/Kiddy must keep climbing the rope set on fire as it reaches up to hurt them. They also must avoid any dangerous obstacles like Kopters and Buzzes.|
|This is the third underwater level and the final one in the SNES version. Enguarde the Swordfish is played throughout the level in order to activate light in the dark waters from the Gleamin' Bream, their only appearance in the game. The level is also infested with Kocos, Bounty Basses and mostly Lurchins.|
Pot Hole Panic
|The second cave level, Pot Hole Panic has four Animal Friends that Dixie and Kiddy can ride. Kuchukas are a common enemy in the level.|
|Ropey Rumpus is the third cliffside level, and Dixie and Kiddy must climb up ropes to reach the top of the area.|
Boss level: Barbos's Barrier (SNES)
|Barbos is a giant Lurchin who attacks by sending its offspring or shell-like enemies. Barbos's vulnerable spot is its ligament face. The Kongs are transformed into Enguarde during the whole boss level.|
Boss level: Kroctopus Krush (GBA)
|Kroctopus is a giant octopus who resides by a waterfall.|
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
- Player's Guide (page 5): Serrated spires scrape the bloated bellies of the clouds high above Razor Ridge. This would be a scenic place to visit if there weren't so many creepy critters running around. One of the krueler Kremlings even disabled Björn Bear's Chairlifts!
- Nintendo Power vol. 89 (page 37): Like the mountainous K3, Razor Ridge is full of peaks and valleys. The bear brothers, Benny and Björn, run a chairlift operation here. Björn would be happy to give you a ride to the top of the ridge if you found his Number Six Wrench for him. If Barter Bear doesn't have the wrench, you might want to se if it fell intro the alpine lake in the valley.
- Nintendo Power vol. 91 (page 60): The airy heights of Razor Ridge are enough to quicken the pulse of the most seasoned climbers. These peaks are home to Benny and Björn, the undisputed master of chairlift tecnology. Unfortunately, Björn can't repair the Upper Ridge chair. If you could find his wrench, he might let you explore the legendary Clifftop Cache Cave.
Names in other languages
|French||Bord Barbelé||Barbed Edge|
|Italian||Cresta del Rasoio||Razor Ridge|
|Spanish||Cumbre Afilada||Sharp Summit|
- M. Arakawa. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble Player's Guide. Page 86.
- Super Donkey Kong 3: Nazo no Kremis-tō「クレミス島マップ」fold-out