- This article is about the spaces from Super Mario Party. For the spaces in several Mario Party games known as "VS Spaces" in Mario Party 5, see Minigame Space. For the spaces in Mario Party 9 also with "VS" printed on them, see Free-for-All Space.
|Purpose||Allows the players to duel amongst each other.|
|First appearance||Super Mario Party (2018)|
|Latest appearance||Tetris 99 (27th Maximus Cup, cameo) (2021)|
Mario Party Superstars (2021, Super Mario franchise)
The VS Space is a space that appears in Super Mario Party. It is a yellow space with "VS" on it ("对战" in the mainland China release). If a player lands on this space, they will play a "Rumble Minigame" with the other players similar to duels from Mario Party: Star Rush. The player who landed on the space must first randomly select 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 25 or 30 coins to wager, and then initiate the minigame. Players will then win certain amounts of coins depending on their performance in the minigame, and the VS Space subsequently transforms into a Blue Space. If the space is played on Partner Party, the best team wins all the coins. If all players are tied, the wagered coins are returned to the players.
The distribution is as follows:
- 1st: 60% (45% if 2 players are tied; 33% if 3 players are tied)
- 2nd: 30% (20% if 2 players are tied; 13% if 3 players are tied)
- 3rd: 10% (5% if 2 players are tied)
- 4th: 0%
Any leftover coins will be given to players at random.
The three Rumble Minigames are:
- Rumble Wave: Players press when they feel the strongest rumble. The player who presses it with the strongest rumble out of all the players wins. If the rumble is off, a rumble sign is shown instead.
- Rumble Mash-Off: Players press when they feel a rumble. The player who reacts with the shortest amount of time wins. If the rumble is off, a button sign appears instead.
- Rumble Balloon: Players have to inflate a balloon as large as they can. If the balloon pops, the player loses. This minigame is similar to Balloon Blast Bash from Mario Party 10.
The VS Space returns in Mario Party Superstars. It is now blue with the “VS” on it. When landed on, it functions like a Blue Space; namely, the player who landed on the space gets 3 coins (even in the last 5 turns) and their panel turns blue. Then, it functions like a Battle Space, as a 4-Player minigame is played. If the total number of coins waged is less than 10, Toad adds an additional 10 coins to the jackpot. Once the minigame concludes, the relevant space becomes a regular Blue Space for the rest of the game.
Names in other languages
|Chinese (Simplified)||VS格 (International release)
对战格 (China release)
|Italian||Spazio VS||VS Space|
|Portuguese||Casa de combate||Combat Space|
|Spanish (NOA)||Casilla vs.||Vs. space|