|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (1996)|
|Greater location||Northern Kremisphere|
- “If you bump into Cranky, tell him to stop wasting his money on Swanky's bonus games.”
- —Wrinkly Kong, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
Swanky's Sideshow, also named Swanky Kong's Sideshow, Swanky's Tent, and Swanky's Side Show, is a large circus-themed attraction where Swanky Kong hosts three ball-tossing minigames. It only appears in the original Super Nintendo version of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!. Swanky's Sideshow is optional and the Kongs can play it for prizes. There is a Swanky's Sideshow in every world except for Krematoa. In the Game Boy Advance remake, Swanky runs a minigame known as Swanky's Dash instead.
In every mode, the primary objective is for Dixie or Kiddy (depending on which Kong is active) to throw balls at targets held by cardboard Kremlings. Their opponent is Cranky Kong, who rambles before a match and afterward. Cranky has a different reaction for each mode that he either wins or loses at.
All three modes cost two bear coins to play. If the Kongs win, Swanky rewards four bear coins and several Banana Bunches to them, sometimes even a Red Balloon. If they lose, Swanky gives Dixie and Kiddy a consolation prize of one bear coin and a few bananas.
- Head to Head: In this mode, a meter with five sections, one of which is red, is displayed on the right of the screen. The active Kong's face is at the top and Cranky's is at the bottom. Depending on which character hit a target, the red section moves either up or down a notch. The active Kong and Cranky must throw balls at targets until the red section reaches either the top or the bottom of the meter. Dixie and Kiddy win if the red section reaches the top, but Cranky wins if it reaches the bottom.
- Race to 25: Dixie or Kiddy compete against Cranky to hit 25 targets within a minute. If the active Kong and Cranky do not hit 25 targets within the time limit, then the Kong that hit the most targets wins.
- Endurance: Dixie or Kiddy compete against Cranky to hit targets, however, the first Kong to miss a target loses.
Names in other languages
Suwankī no Tento
Suwankī no Saidoshō
|Italian||Il show di Swanky
Gioco del lancio
|The Swanky's show|
- In Mario Superstar Baseball, Swanky's Sideshow's tent can be seen in the background of the Donkey Kong Jungle stadium, along with a billboard of Swanky Kong himself. The tent is also present in Mario Party 5, where it can be seen in the background of the Banana Punch minigame.
- The theme that plays when winning against Cranky was would later be used in Donkey Kong Land III, in which it plays whenever the Kongs complete a level.
- Nintendo Power Volume 90, page 29.
- Nintendo Power Volume 89, page 33.
- Nintendo Magazine System (UK) Issue 51, page 21.
- Super Donkey Kong 3: Nazo no Kremis-tō instruction booklet, page 23.
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Spanish-Italian booklet, pag. 49
- Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! Spanish-Italian booklet, pag. 44