List of Goomba profiles and statistics
This is a list of profiles and statistics for Goombas.
Super Mario series
Super Mario Bros.
- Instruction booklets
- Japanese: キノコ王国を裏切った悪いキノコ。踏むだけで消える。(A bad mushroom that betrayed the Mushroom Kingdom. Just step on it and it disappears.)
- English: A mushroom who betrayed the Mushroom Kingdom. One stomp and he dies.
- 100 PTS.
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
- Instruction Booklet: A mushroom who betrayed Mushroom Kingdom.[sic] One stomp does the trick.
- 100 PTS.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Trading card description: "They always seem to come back for more. These fungal foes make up a large part of Bowser's minions. Be sure to stomp as many as you can. Paragoombas, their close relatives, have the ability to fly, but a bop on the head will take their wings away. Goombas and Paragoombas don't have very strong powers, but they are still harmful. Beware of super-sized Goombas on the world maps!"
Card Number: 19
Super Mario 3D Land
- North American website bio: "Goombas are pretty common in these parts, but some have new tricks up their sleeves. They may stack themselves to get a towering advantage, or even grow a Tanooki Tail to try and whack Mario down to size."
Super Mario Run
- Notebook bio: "This bad guy seems to show up just about everywhere. Vault over it, or go ahead and stomp it flat!"
- Captured Goomba Statue: "It looks quite charming in a red cap, don't you think? This statue is a Goomba captured by Mario."
- Gold Goomba Statue: "This Gold Goomba statue is quite fabulous. Who would make such a sculpture of an enemy?!"
- Big Gold Goomba Statue: "Check out how huge this Gold Goomba statue is! It must be heavy… And expensive."
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
- "Uncover a mystery pic from Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury!" Switch news article bio: "Cat Goomba always gives fur-hundred percent when it comes to effort. They definitely have the right cat-itude!"
Super Mario Odyssey
- Website bios
- Japanese: 別のクリボーの上にジャンプ！何個も積めば、タワークリボーのできあがり！ (Jump on top of another Goomba! Stack several of them and you have a Goomba Tower!)
- English: When Mario Captures a Goomba, he can hop on top of others to create a huge Goomba tower!
Tribe: Mushroom clan
Game appearances: 1, 2, 3, World, Land 2
The treacherous ghosts of the Mushroom Kingdom
He was originally a soldier of the Mushroom Kingdom, but betrayed them when Bowser attacked. It is a weak enemy that can be easily defeated by simply stepping on it, or by one-hitting it with fire.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- Shogakukan guide: 踏むとペチャンコになるが、しばらくするともとにもどる。ペチャンコにして乗ると楽しい。 (When you step on it, it will be flattened, but it will return to its original shape after a while. It is fun to ride while it is flattened.)
- Player's Guide: Most often found around Koopas, these grumpy waddlers flatten out when you jump on their noggin!
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Shogakukan guide: ふむとペチャンコになるが、しばらくすると元にもどる。ペチャンコにして乗ると、つぶれたまま足をじたばたさせて進んでいくぞ。 (When you step on it, it will be flattened, but it will return to its original shape after a while. If you ride it while it is flattened, it will go forward with its feet flailing.)
Yoshi's New Island
- Shogakukan guide: マリオシリーズでちおなじみの、キノコをモチーフとした敵。ゆっくりと歩いてくるだけなので、簡単に食べることができる。タマゴを増やすために使おう。(An enemy with a mushroom motif, familiar in the Mario series. They only walk slowly and can be easily eaten. Use it to increase your egg supply.)
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
|Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars enemy|
|Attack||3||Magic attack||1||Location(s)||Mushroom Way, Bandit's Way, Pipe Vault||Bonus Flower||HP Max! (30%)|
|Evade||0%||Magic evade||0%||Strong||None||Morph rate||100%|
|Coins||0||Exp. points||1||Spells||None||Sp. attacks||Thorn Shot|
Super Mario RPG (Nintendo Switch)
|Found In||Mushroom Way|
|Monster List profile|
|Most Goombas can be defeated just by stomping on their heads. But watch out! These Goombas' heads are hard enough to attack with.|
|Goom-de-goom... I'm tired.|
Paper Mario series
|Paper Mario enemy|
|Sleep?||100%, 0||Dizzy?||100%, 0||Shock?||100%, 0||Shrink?||100%, 0|
|Stop?||100%, 0||Fright?||100%||Air Lift?||100%||Hurricane?||90%|
|Coins||1||Items||Mushroom||Run||6||Location(s)||Goomba Village, Goomba Road, Pleasant Path, Shy Guy's Toy Box|
|Tattle||This is a Goomba. Goombas are what you'd call "small fries." Actually, they're pretty much the smallest fries. ...Hey, wait! I'm one of 'em! Max HP: 2, Attack Power: 1 Defense Power: 0 You can jump on them or whack 'em with the Hammer. These guys are old school. They've been around since you were in Super Mario Bros.!|
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door enemy|
|Max HP||2||Attack||1||Defense||0||Location(s)||Rogueport Sewers, Petal Meadows, Glitz Pit, Riverside Station|
|Fright?||110%||Gale Force?||100%||KO?||150%||Moves||Headbonk (1)|
|Level||7||Exp. points||0||Coins||0 - 1||Items||Dried Shroom, Fire Flower, Fright Mask (drop only), POW Block (drop only), Sleepy Sheep, Tasty Tonic (drop only), Close Call|
|Log||The underling of underlings. No other distinguishing characteristics.|
|Tattle||That's a Goomba. Umm… Yeah, I'm one of those, in case you hadn't noticed. Ahem... It says here: "Goombas are underlings of underlings." …That is totally rude! Their maximum HP is 2. They have an Attack power of 1 and a Defense of 0.|
Super Paper Mario
|Super Paper Mario enemy|
|Max HP||1||Items||Cake Mix, Shroom Shake, Honey Jar, Big Egg, Dried Shroom|
|Attack||1||Location(s)||Lineland Road (1-1), Yold Desert (1-3), Gloam Valley (2-1), The Bitlands (3-1), Castle Bleck Entry (8-1), Castle Bleck Foyer (8-2), Castle Bleck Inner Sanctum (8-4), Flipside Pit of 100 Trials (Rooms 2, 5, 12, 14 (flipping) and 46 (flipping))|
|Score||100||Card location(s)||Card Shop; Catch Card/SP; Chapter 1-1: Found in 3D behind a tall pipe in the second area.|
|Card description||This lowly goon is always getting stepped on. It isn't easy being a soft, mushroomy minion.|
| List of Catch Cards
|Tattle||Normal: It's a Goomba, one of Bowser's minions... Max HP is 1 and Attack is 1. It really puts the "under" back in "underlings"... It has no remarkable traits... They are pretty much the lowest of the low... But I hear Goombas do have their fans, so what can you do...|
Flipping: It's a Goomba, one of Bowser's minions...Max HP 1, Attack 1. It really puts the "under" back in "underlings"... It has no remarkable traits... Well, except this one has the ability to flip between dimensions... But I hear Goombas do have their fans, so what can you do...
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
|Paper Mario: Sticker Star enemy|
|Max HP||5||Location(s)||Decalburg, Warm Fuzzy Plains, Bouquet Gardens, Water's Edge Way, Hither Thither Hill, Whammino Mountain, Goomba Fortress, Drybake Desert, Leaflitter Path, Bowser Jr.'s Flotilla|
Paper Mario: Color Splash
|Paper Mario: Color Splash enemy|
|Moves||Head Attack (3), Group Attack (3), Blowback Attack (6)|
|Location(s)||Port Prisma, Daffodil Peak, The Crimson Tower, Sunglow Ridge, Mondo Woods, The Golden Coliseum, Sacred Forest|
|Quotes||Usual: "Goomba power!" ~ "I'm small, but I won't give up!" ~ "I WILL AVENGE MY FAMILY!" ~ "I am a bit tired of being stomped."|
The Golden Coliseum if encountered in arena: "I may be weak, but I'm...also slow." ~ "I'm just a simple country Goomba..." ~ "I'll never give up!" ~ "Goombakalaka!"
Paper Mario: The Origami King
|Paper Mario: The Origami King enemy|
|Type||Normal||Headbonk (2), Group Headbonk (2 per Goomba), Wave Headbonk (1 × amount of Goombas performing attack), Tower Attack (4)||Peach's Castle, Whispering Woods, Toad Town, Picnic Road, Overlook Mountain, Overlook Tower, Autumn Mountain, Chestnut Valley, Shogun Studios, Temple of Shrooms, Bonehead Island, Spade Island, Shangri-Spa, Bowser's Castle, Origami Castle|
|Goombas transformed into origami. All of that folding has added some bulk, but really, they're just as weak as ever.|
- Shogakukan guide:「折られて少し分厚くなっただ、あまり強くはない。フォーメーション攻撃は多彩だが威力は低め。」(Folded and a little thicker, but not very strong. Formation attacks are varied but less powerful.)
Mario Party series
Mario Party DS
|Name||Image||Description||How to Unlock|
|Goomba||This brown foe has taken his lumps over the years from Mario's boot. But he seems to harbor secret dreams of turning the tables one day.||Win 02000 MP Points.|
|Goomba Rival||1,000 MPP earns you the rank of Goomba Rival, and this is your badge! It makes you easy to stomp.|
Mario Party 9
- Ground Soldier: A constellation inspired by the stalwart mushroom monsters who never give up, no matter how many times they're squashed.
Mario Party: Star Rush
A no-good Mushroom Kingdom baddie.
|"These cads wander to and fro, rudely bumping into whoever they meet. Often mistaken for Galoombas."|
Super Mario Party
- Website Bio: "Bowser’s first line of attack."
Mario Party Superstars
- Encyclopedia Bio: "Bowser's lackeys who are stepped all over by friend and foe alike."
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Melee trophy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl trophy
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U trophy
|Name||3DS Image||Wii U Image||Appears In||NTSC-U Description||PAL Description|
|Goomba||NES Super Mario Bros. (10/1985)
N64 Super Mario 64 (09/1996)
|Once loyal to the Mushroom Kingdom, the Goombas switched sides when Bowser invaded. Not that it mattered—they weren't really mighty warriors. In Smash Bros., they are equally weak, simply running at you. They must expect to get stomped by now... Don't expect a lot of fanfare for beating one.||Once loyal to the Mushroom Kingdom, the Goombas switched sides when Bowser invaded. Not that it mattered – they were never exactly mighty warriors or anything. They're weak in this game too – the worst they'll do is run at you. At this point, they must just be expecting to get stomped on... Don't expect a fanfare if you beat one.|
|The Goombas' grumpy little faces aren't scaring anyone. In fact, if Mario found himself in front of a sea of Goombas, he'd just get right to stomping! They were once loyal to the Mushroom Kingdom, but they turned traitor when Bowser invaded. One jump's usually enough to take them out. Foes don't come much weaker than this!|
Red indicates exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version. Blue indicates exclusive to the Wii U version.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirits
|Name||Image||Series / game||Type||Class||Strength / effect(s)||How to obtain||Spirit battle|
|Goomba||Super Mario Series||Primary (2)||Novice||Neutral
Foot Attack ↑
|World of Light (Light Realm); Spirit Board; amiibo||Tiny Donkey Kong ×5||
||Mushroom Kingdom (Battlefield)||Ground Theme - Super Mario Bros.|
|River Survival||Super Mario Series||Support (1)||Advanced||Falling Immunity||Spirit Board (ver. 2.0.0 or later)||Bowser, Kirby, Yoshi, Rosalina & Luma||Rule: Bob-omb Festival; Item Tidal Wave; Item: Food
||Kongo Falls (Ω)||Slide|
Mario & Luigi series
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga enemy|
|Stat down?||0%||Stun?||0%||Burn?||0%||Hand||Normal||Item drop||None – 0%|
None – 0%
|Level 99||Location(s)||Koopa Cruiser||Notice||
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
|Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time enemy|
|HP||14 (13)||POW||25 (22)||Defense||20 (18)|
|Location(s)||Bowser's Castle||Battled by||Anyone||Item drop||Mushroom – 12%|
Super Mushroom – 3%
|Level 3||Notice: Stats in parentheses are from the Japanese and European versions (if they differ from the original American release).|
|Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time enemy|
|Location(s)||Peach's Castle Dungeon||Battled by||Anyone||Item drop||Mushroom – 0.99%|
Super Mushroom – 0.01%
|Level 14||Notice: Stats in parentheses are from the Japanese and European versions (if they differ from the original American release).|
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
|Mario & Luigi: Dream Team enemy|
|Level||20||No Hitter||28||Weakness||None||Location(s)||Driftwood Shore|
|World||Real||Experience||15 (18)||Coins||15 (100%)||Item drop||Boo Biscuit (10%)|
Antiair Boots (2%)
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
|Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam enemy|
|HP||8||POW||34 (28)||Defense||16 (12)||Type||Normal||Item drop||Mushroom - 5%|
1-Up Mushroom - 2%
|Experience||3 (1)||Coins||3||Speed||23||Weakness||None||Location(s)||Sunbeam Plains, Paper Toad Rescue, Neo Bowser Castle|
|Level 2||Notice: Stats in parentheses are from the game's Easy Mode.|
|Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam enemy|
|Goomba (Boss Battle Ring)|
|HP||55||POW||56 (46)||Defense||55 (51)||Type||Normal||Item drop||None - 0%|
None - 0%
|Level 12||Notice: Stats in parentheses are from the game's Easy Mode.|
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions / Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions enemy|
|Stat down:||60%||Dizzy:||60%||Burn:||30%||Speed down:||30%||Item drop:||Mushroom (100%)|
|Level: 1||Location(s):||Koopa Cruiser|
- Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser / Bowser Jr.'s Journey profile: The go-to soldiers among Bowser's Minions. They move fast and charge into foes!
Mario Baseball series
Mario Superstar Baseball
- Type: Balanced
- Starting Team Captain: Donkey Kong
- Status: Player
- Batting: 4/10
- Pitching: 3/10
- Fielding: 4/10
- Running: 5/10
- Player Profile:
- Strong Point: Nothing Particular
- Special Talents: Ball Dash
- Field: Center
- Height: Normal
- Star Pitch: Fastball
- Star Swing: Center
- Default Batting Position: Right
- Default Throwing Arm: Right
- Sweet Spot: The center of the bat
- Compatiable Relationships: Diddy Kong, Paragoomba, Monty Mole
- Stats Mission
- Smack a hit!
- Drop a sacrifice bunt!
- Beat Toad in Wall Ball!
- Steal a base more than twice in a game!
- Bio: "Though Goombas once lived in peace in the Mushroom Kingdom, they betrayed their homeland to side with Bowser. Exactly how Goomba uses his baseball gear is a bit of a mystery. Maybe you can spot the secret technique if you watch closely as he makes plays in the field..."
Mario Super Sluggers
|Goomba||A good bunter who also pitches well.||Ball Dash||Right||Right||Pitch||6/10|
|Character||Good Chemistry||Bad Chemistry|
|Goomba||Paragoomba, Koopa Troopa, Monty Mole, Yellow Mii||Toad, Toadette, Toadsworth, Pianta|
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Website bio: "These mushroom-shaped baddies should be pretty familiar by now, but Captain Toad will need to figure out new ways to defeat them."
Who's Your Mushroom Kingdom BFF?
- This little creature thinks it's a big baddie, but the truth is, it's a real softie. As in, try not to step on it!
Dr. Mario World
- Stage mode: "Increases score by 1%/2%/3%/4%/5%."
- Versus mode: "If opponent attacks, grants 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% chance attack meter fills instantly."
- Dr. Mario World Twitter: Yellow: "Uh oh...Goomba isn't looking so good. I thought maybe he was exhausted from getting stomped on all the time, but it turns out he's sick! Huh? You think it's my fault? The Goomba Needs Help! event lasts until Nov. 13. Hurry up and help the poor guy out!"
Mario Kart Tour
- Mario Kart Tour Twitter: "Is that...a pyramid of Goombas smack dab in the middle of the track? That HAS to be a traffic violation. It's on you to clear them out. The more Goombas you topple, the bigger bonus you get! Clear the streets of pesky fungi on September 25th!"
- The Goombas' grumpy little faces aren't scaring anyone. In fact, if Mario found himself in front of a sea of Goombas, he'd just get right to stomping! They were once loyal to the Mushroom Kingdom, but they turned traitor when Bowser invaded. One jump's usually enough to take them out. Foes don't come much weaker than this!
- Figure bio: "It's a Goomba figure. Its maker put a lot of love into sculpting the eyebrows!"
- Website description: You are probably pretty familiar with this enemy, as he comes with the Starter Course, alongside the interactive LEGO® Mario™ figure and plenty of other goodies. Once defeated, LEGO Mario can collect some well-earned digital coins! Now it is time to take on that Goomba!
|Typically attacks in groups where they seek to get close enough to opponents to use their Dash.|
Can be held up after being Dashed.
| FROSTBITE BURN|
- Dash x1
- Dashes and damages a target within range.
- Dash x1
Goombas are even more menacing under Cursa's supervision! Thankfully, they are still Goombas - a single dash can hit multiples of them.
Yet Cursa's cunning is always present - some of them wear Darkmess-infused cooking pots that make them immune to weapons or physical attacks. Only by launching them outside the boundaries of the battlefield can they be defeated.
- 「スーパーマリオブラザーズ 取扱説明書」 (Super Mario Bros. Toriatsukai Setsumeisho), page 10.
- Super Mario Bros. instruction booklet, page 10. Retrieved September 28, 2021.
- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe instruction booklet, page 29. Retrieved September 28, 2021.
- Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten. Page 72.
- 「スーパーマリオヨッシーアイランド任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario: Yossy Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 8.
- Miller, Kent, and Terry Munson. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 127.
- 「スーパーマリオアドバンス3任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Advance 3 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 16.
- 「ヨッシー New アイランド 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's New Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 19.
- Paper Mario: The Origami King Shogakukan guide. Page 258.
- https://twitter.com/Drmarioworld_EN/status/1192598184301715458 Dr. Mario World Twitter
- https://twitter.com/mariokarttourEN/status/1175197952291299334 Mario Kart Tour Twitter
|Profiles and statistics|
|Baby Daisy • Baby Luigi • Baby Mario • Baby Peach • Baby Rosalina • Birdo • Blooper • Bob-omb • Boo • Boom Boom • Boomerang Bro • Bowser • Bowser Jr. • Bullet Bill • Buzzy Beetle • Chain Chomp • Cheep Cheep • Diddy Kong • Dixie Kong • Donkey Kong • Dr. Crygor • Dr. Mario • Dry Bones • Dry Bowser • Fire Bro • Fire Mario • Funky Kong • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Ice Bro • Iggy Koopa • Kamek • King Boo • King K. Rool • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Lakitu • Larry Koopa • Lemmy Koopa • Ludwig von Koopa • Luigi • Mario • Metal Mario • Mii • Monty Mole • Morton Koopa Jr. • Nabbit • Pauline • Petey Piranha • Pink Gold Peach • Piranha Plant • Pokey • Poochy • Princess Daisy • Princess Peach • Rosalina • Roy Koopa • Shy Guy • Spike • Spiny • Tiny Kong • Toad • Toadette • Waluigi • Wario • Wendy O. Koopa • Wiggler • Yoshi|