List of Bob-omb profiles and statistics
This is a list of profiles and statistics for Bob-omb.
Super Mario series
Super Mario Bros. 2
- English instruction booklet: He has a terrible temper. When he gets angry, he explodes.
Super Mario World
- English instruction booklet: These explode and scatter stars after a set time. Some of the Bob-ombs use parachutes to drop from the sky. These little guys are a real blast.
Super Mario USA
Tribe: Weapon clan
Disposition: Extremely short-tempered
Game appearances: USA
Bomb has grown arms and limbs
A moving bomb with arms and legs. It self-destructs in a very short time after it appears, so if you are nearby, you will be caught in the blast. Of course, if you touch it directly, you will be damaged!
Super Mario Bros. 3/World
Tribe: Weapon clan
Game appearances: 3, World
A clockwork walking bomb
A bomb that toddles around powered by a spring. After a while, it blinks and explodes by itself. If you press the switch on the top, it will explode in about 5 seconds. You can also hold it and throw it at your enemies.
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
|Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars enemy|
|Attack||50||Magic attack||1||Location(s)||Coal Mines||Bonus Flower||Defense Up! (40%)|
|Defense||38||Magic defense||10||Weak||Jump, Fire||Items||Pick Me Up (5%)|
|Evade||0%||Magic evade||0%||Strong||None||Morph rate||0%|
|Coins||0||Exp. points||4||Spells||None||Sp. attacks||None|
|Psychopath||"Ouch. HEY! Watch it!"|
Super Mario RPG (Nintendo Switch)
|Rare Drops||Pick Me Up|
|Found In||Mole Mines|
|Monster List profile|
|Careless detonations can lead to cave-ins, so if the miners of Moleville see one of these around the mines, they leave the area immediately.|
|Watch out. I'm gonna explode. It'll hurt.|
|Found In||Mole Mines|
|Monster List profile|
|Punchinello's most powerful bomb, created after honing his bomb-making skills. Looks like this time, he wasn't bluffing about his last resort.|
|How many times do I need to say, "Watch out I'm gonna explode. It'll hurt", before you get it?|
- Nintendo 64 Spieleberater: Voll die Choleriker: Die Bob-Ombs können jeden Augenblick explodieren! (Full of choler: The Bob-ombs can explode at any moment!)
Paper Mario series
|Paper Mario enemy|
|Level||6||Strong||None||Weak||Fire (KO), Explosion (KO), Electric (KO)||Moves||Hop Attack (1), Self Destruct (2)|
|Sleep?||75%, 0 (normal); 0%, 0 (angry)||Dizzy?||80%, 0 (normal); 40%, 0 (angry)||Shock?||80%, 0 (normal), 40%, 0 (angry)||Shrink?||90%, 0; 0%, 0 (angry)|
|Stop?||90%, 0 (normal); 0%, 0 (angry)||Fright?||90%||Air Lift?||90%||Hurricane?||90%|
|Coins||1 + 0-1||Items||Honey Syrup||Run||18||Location(s)||Koopa Bros. Fortress|
|Tattle||This is a Bob-omb. Bob-ombs are pretty temperamental, and they get steaming mad when you attack 'em. Max HP: 3, Attack Power: 1, Defense Power: 0 You'd better not jump on 'em when they're angry or they'll blow up in your face. In fact, stay away entirely. Attack 'em from a distance with items like Hammers. Or you could send in other things, like shells. If they attack when angry, they'll charge in and explode. So you'd better take care of them before they blow!|
- Player's Guide: The explosive power of a Bob-omb is not to be trifled with. If you enter a battle with one, be prepared to finish it off quickly, because it can deal heavy damage. When a Bob-omb begins to blink, you know it's about to explode!
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door enemy|
|Max HP||4||Attack||2||Defense||1||Location(s)||Glitz Pit, Pit of 100 Trials (Levels 21, 23, 24, 26, 28, 29)|
|Fright?||90%||Gale Force?||80%||KO?||95%||Moves||Ram (2), Explosion (5)|
|Level||12||Exp. points||0||Coins||1 - 2||Items||Super Shroom, Repel Cape, Stopwatch, Ice Storm|
|Log||A round bomb soldier that gets furious when damaged and attacks by charging and then exploding.|
|Tattle||That's a Bob-omb. It attacks by blowing itself up. Yeah. Reeeeeeeal smart. Max HP is 4, Attack is 2, and Defense is 1. A Bob-omb will get totally mad if you damage it. They have like, super-short fuses. When it gets mad, it'll charge and explode on its next turn. THAT attack…really hurts. Oh, and if it's mad, it'll blow up at the slightest contact. So don't attack directly! Attack it from a step away with a hammer or hit it with something hard, like a shell.|
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
|Paper Mario: Sticker Star enemy|
|Max HP||7||Location(s)||Goomba Fortress, Bowser Jr.'s Flotilla|
|Attack||3||Moves||Ram (3), Explode (5)|
Paper Mario: Color Splash
|Paper Mario: Color Splash enemy|
|Moves||Body Attack (8), Bomb Attack (16), Bomb Counterattack (12), Group Attack (8), Group Bomb Attack (16), Blowback Attack (24)|
|Location(s)||Fort Cobalt, Redpepper Crater, Black Bowser's Castle|
Mario & Luigi series
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga enemy|
|Stat down?||100%||Stun?||60%||Burn?||0%||Hand||Normal||Item drop||Nut – 19.35%|
Red Pepper – 32.26% (100%)
|Level 30||Location(s)||Beanbean Outskirts||Notice||
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
|Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time enemy|
|Location(s)||Gritzy Desert, Gritzy Caves||Battled by||Anyone||Item drop||Pocket Chomp – 15%|
None – 0%
|Level 13||Notice: Stats in parentheses are from the Japanese and European versions (if they differ from the original American release).|
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions / Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr.'s Journey
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions enemy|
|Stat down:||60%||Dizzy:||100%||Burn:||0%||Speed down:||30%||Item drop:||Nut (14%)|
Red Pepper (36%)
Red Pepper (60%)
|Level: 23||Location(s):||Beanbean Fields|
- Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser / Bowser Jr.'s Journey profile: They have explosive power upon impact. Handle these Melee troopers with care.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Melee
|Name||Image||Game / Move||Description|
|Bob-omb||Super Mario Bros. 2
|These little guys are just what they appear to be: walking bombs. Pick one up and hurl it for an incredibly potent attack. If no one picks them up, Bob-ombs light their own fuses and start wandering around armed and dangerous. In Super Mario 64, Bob-ombs chased Mario down once they noticed him. Pink Bob-ombs are nice and capable of speech.|
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Bob-omb||NES Super Mario Bros. 2
N64 Super Mario 64
|A mobile bomb with a fuse on its head. It can be picked up and thrown as a powerful explosive, but if no one grabs it, it will tire of waiting and start wandering, then detonate whenever it likes. Its power and unpredictability make it an accident waiting to happen. In sudden-death matches if they go on too long, Bob-ombs rain from the sky to move things along.|
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U
Blue indicates exclusive to the Wii U version.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
|Name||Image||Series / game||Type||Class||Strength / effect(s)||How to obtain||Spirit battle|
|Bob-omb||Super Mario Series||Support (1)||Advanced||Bob-omb Equipped||Sheldon's Place; Spirit Board||Kirby ×3||Rule: Item: Bob-omb
||Mushroom Kingdom||Airship Theme - Super Mario Bros. 3|
Mario Party series
Mario Party DS
|Name||Image||Description||How to Unlock|
|Bob-omb||What a shiny, black, round body! And what a cute windup key! Now, you might wonder why he stares at you so intently...||Win 16000 MP Points.|
|Bob-omb Rival||15,000 MPP earns you the rank of Bob-omb Rival, and this is your badge! It makes your moods explosive.||Win 15000 MP Points.|
- Bomb Minor: A constellation named after a curious type of wind-up walking bomb. Red and black varieties exist, but both are powerful.
An enemy that is also a bomb.
|"Bob-ombs inevitably blow up after enough time passes, taking down anything in the vicinity."|
- Encyclopedia Bio: "Explosive creatures that flash just before they burst, giving you precious time to run."
Mario Kart series
Mario Kart 7
- Instruction booklet bio: When thrown, Bob-ombs will explode after a certain amount of time or when a kart runs into them. Karts that hit the explosion will roll or spin out. Hold or to equip.
- North American website bio: This explosive item causes a big bang when launched.
Mario Kart 8
- Instruction booklet bio: Once used, a Bob-omb will explode after a short time or upon impact with a vehicle. Anyone caught in the blast will spin out of control or be knocked over!
- Nintendo of America's social media accounts: Watch out! The explosion caused by the Bob-omb item in Mario Kart 8 is big enough to take out even the best racers.
Mario Kart Tour
- Tips & Tricks: This will walk towards opponents who get too close, and then explode when it touches a kart or when some time has passed. Karts caught in its blast will crash.
- Mario Kart Tour Twitter: Item introduction: Bob-omb
Throw it out in front of you, or drop it off behind you. Eventually it will explode, crashing any karts caught in the blast. It will even march a little closer towards opponents before exploding. This cute-looking item has a scary side!
- Super Mario Bros. 2
- Bio: マリオを追いかけ、一定時間たつと爆発する。草から出てくることもある。 (It chases Mario and explodes after a certain amount of time. Sometimes they come out of the grass.)
Super Mario Run
- Notebook bio: "This Bowser minion looks like it could blow at any moment. Stomp it and it'll go flying quickly away. Phew!"
Dr. Mario World
- Stage mode: "Increases score by 400/800/1200/1600/2000 points."
- Versus mode: "If opponent uses a skill, grants 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% chance skill meter fills instantly."
- Website Description: Get ready for explosive action when you bump into a Bob-omb! These lively, characterful bombs on legs can blow up at any time, so you better help LEGO® Mario™ defeat them as quickly as possible. Look out for one in the Master Your Adventure Maker Set (71380) and add one to the exciting levels you build.
|Will seek out the closest opponent and explode in their proximity. Can be dashed, then picked up and thrown - after which they will go kablooey upon impact.|
Can be held up after being Dashed.
No strengths or weaknesses
- Produces an explosion when contact is made with a target or when HP reaches 0.
The Bob-ombs roaming the galaxy are even more dangerous under Cursa's influence, though their modus operandi remains the same - a successful hit will cause one to ignite, while dashing them allows Heroes to pick them up and use them as explosives.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 instruction booklet, page 25.
- Super Mario World English instruction booklet, page 25.
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 206.
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 207.
- Nintendo 64 Yoshi's Story Spieleberater, page 19.
- M. Arakawa. Paper Mario Official Nintendo Player's Guide. Page 102.
- NintendoAmerica (July 2, 2014). Twitter. Retrieved July 23, 2023. (Archived May 18, 2020, 23:40:07 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- MarioKartEN (July 2, 2014). Facebook. Retrieved July 23, 2023. (Archived July 23, 2023, 22:41:59 UTC via Wayback Machine.)
- mariokarttourEN (September 2, 2019). Twitter. Originally retrieved March 10, 2020 on the Bob-omb article.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario USA section, page 68.
|Profiles and statistics|
|Baby Daisy • Baby Luigi • Baby Mario • Baby Peach • Baby Rosalina • Birdo • Blooper • Bob-omb • Boo • Boom Boom • Boomerang Bro • Bowser • Bowser Jr. • Bullet Bill • Buzzy Beetle • Chain Chomp • Cheep Cheep • Diddy Kong • Dixie Kong • Donkey Kong • Dr. Crygor • Dr. Mario • Dry Bones • Dry Bowser • Fire Bro • Fire Mario • Funky Kong • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Ice Bro • Iggy Koopa • Kamek • King Boo • King K. Rool • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Lakitu • Larry Koopa • Lemmy Koopa • Ludwig von Koopa • Luigi • Mario • Metal Mario • Mii • Monty Mole • Morton Koopa Jr. • Nabbit • Pauline • Petey Piranha • Pink Gold Peach • Piranha Plant • Pokey • Poochy • Princess Daisy • Princess Peach • Rosalina • Roy Koopa • Shy Guy • Spike • Spiny • Tiny Kong • Toad • Toadette • Waluigi • Wario • Wendy O. Koopa • Wiggler • Yoshi|