List of Funky Kong profiles and statistics
This is a list of profiles and statistics for Funky Kong.
Donkey Kong series
Donkey Kong Country
- Instruction booklet (page 26): "Funky Kong, Donkey Kong's bronze tanned, sunglasses wearin' surf punk friend, usually hands out at Donkey Kong Country's many beaches. However, he also operates a special Barrel Flight service which will allow Donkey and Diddy to travel back to any level in the game that they have already finished. Although Funky hates to go on adventures himself (he's too laid back) he keeps up on the island scene and may have useful information at times."
- Player's Guide (page 8): "The ultimate sufter dude, Dunky Kong owns and operates Funky’s Flights. It’s a small airline based on the island. If you visit him, he’ll fly you back to any area that you’ve completed. Unfortunately, he has to comply with an airline regulation that states, “No flights will be scheduled to uncompleted areas.”"
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble!
- Player's Guide (page 8): "Funky is in business with his own Rental Shop! He has a special rental rate for Kong family members: absolutely free! As you find items in the various worlds in the game, take them back to Funky and see if he can use his handyape skills to fix up the assortment of boats in the back room. You'll need his specialized watercraft to reach the most remote regions of the Northern Kremisphere."
Rarewhere: DKC Trilogy Cast List
APPEARS IN: DKC 1, 2, 3
The self-proclaimed coolest of the Kongs, a title he'll go well out of his way to uphold if necessary. Funky keeps himself up to date on what's happening around DKC and is probably the one single member of the family who's seen most of it, what with his Barrel Flights outfit, boat-building business and endless quest for the best beaches to surf. And seeing as he's always on hand to help the more daredevil members of his family get from place to place during the adventures he personally takes great care to avoid, they can easily forgive his obsession with style and baffling jungle-wise lingo.
Donkey Kong 64
- Instruction booklet bio from Professor Cranky Kong (page 9): "Lazy, rude and loud he may be, but Funky the monkey stocks the necessary firepower you’re gonna need to blast your way through the collection of mediocrity known as the levels. Be warned though, as Funky’s comprehensive guarantee on his products expires as soon as you leave his hut."
- Player's Guide (page 6): "Funky has come a long way from his surfer dude days. Now, he’s in business helping his Kong comrades defeat K. Rool. In the back of his shop, Funky tinkers with shooters specially designed for each Kong. Like Cranky, Funky isn’t above selling his wares, but he gives his friends free ammo whenever they visit. He’ll also upgrade their shooters with ammo belts and telescopic sights. If one Kong pays for any upgrade, all of the Kongs get it. Now that’s customer service!"
- Prima Games guide (page 13): "This inventive gorilla comes up with some excellent weaponry for the DK crew. Each character gets a unique shooter from their friend Funky—again, for a modest price. He also offers upgrades as the game progresses. Check in with Funky often. If you're low on ammo, he'll fill you up for free."
- German website: "The coolest ape in the world has once again changed his occupation. Some time ago he discovered his predilection for weapons technology. He has succeeded in transforming harmless tropical fruit and colorful feathers into effective projectiles. Switches that are located outside the range of the Kongs or that cannot be activated even using all of one's body strength no longer pose a problem due to the use of these special weapons. The integrated target functions and the add-on target-searching-ammunition make the weapons an indispensable aid in the search for the golden bananas. Funky also offers, as a further service, refilling of the ammunition supply. The weapons and their extensions, however, cannot be had for nothing. But Funky always has especially low prices for his friends."
Donkey Kong Country (Game Boy Color)
- Instruction booklet (page 14): "DK’s suff-punk friend operates a Flight Barrel Service that can take our heroes back to any level they’ve already finished."
Donkey Kong Country (Game Boy Advance)
- Instruction booklet (page 19): "This time around, DK's suff-punk friend operates an unusual combo of Flights and Fishing."
- Player's Guide (page 9): "Funky Kong is the Kong family beach bum. The ape surfer runs Funky’s Flights (a Kong Island flight service) and Funky’s Fishing. After you meet Funky Kong for the first time, you’ll be able to use Funky’s Flights to visit completed areas. You can try out Funky’s fishing challenges to win prizes at any Funky’s Fishing location."
- Prima Games guide (page 12): "Part-time pilot of Funky Airways, part-time fisherman, and all-around ice-cool ape, this chilla gorilla inhabits his own fishing hut in each of the island's worlds. When you visit him, he can fly you to any previously completed area (you can access him from the in-game menu, too), or offer you a quick fishing challenge. He also has a minigame. Strategies for completing each challenge are in the walkthrough. Tips on the fishing minigame are in the "Gorilla Tactics" section."
DK: King of Swing
- Instruction booklet bio: "The sunglasses wearing, coolest of the Kongs. Preferring attack-based contests to races, he's the dark horse of the Jungle Jam."
- Jump: 2
- Attack: 4
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
- Unlock method: Win the Diamond Cup with a Kong.
- Boost: 1/5
- Speed: 5/5
- Agility: 1/5
- Rival: Kludge
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
- Digital manual bio: "A fun-loving surfer just back from a chillaxing vacation. He runs Funky's Fly 'n' Buy and is extremely proud of it."
- Prima Games guide (page 11): "Radical! Tubular! Excellent! Bodacious! Anyone else remember those good ol’ sayings from the 1980s? Well, all are sure to be in Funky’s repertoire of sayings. This Kong sells you the most useful items in the country. Although his goodies are not available on a newly unlocked island, once you complete a few levels, you can be sure he and his white plane of commerce will arrive in no time. If you are frugal, and you hoard as many banana coins as possible, price per item should not be an issue, so stock up as much as you can for those dodgy temple levels!"
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Nintendo Switch)
In Original Mode, stop by this surfer’s new venture – Funky’s Fly ‘n’ Buy – to swap your hard-earned Banana Coins for helpful items.
All this funk couldn't be cooped up forever, though – in Funky Mode, Funky Kong can head out on adventure for himself! He can double jump, hover, perform infinite rolls and underwater corkscrews, and protect himself from spikes with his surfboard – with all these abilities, Funky can keep cool in any situation!
Donkey Kong Jungle Action Special
- Page 17: "Funky Kong, Donkey Kong’s bronze, surfin’ friend, usually hangs out at the island’s many beaches. Funky hates to go on adventures himself (he’s too laid back) he keeps up on the island scene and is useful source of information at times. He also operates Funky’s Flights - an air taxi service of very limited range. One day it may go further, but only if Funky feels like doing any work."
Mario Kart series
Mario Kart Wii
- Size: Large
- Actual Bonuses
- Speed: +4
- Off-Road: +3
- Website Stats:
- Acceleration: 1/3
- Top Speed: 3/3
- Off-Road: 1/3
- Site: "Funky Kong has long been able to turn his hand to just about anything, so expect him to take to racing like a seasoned pro."
- Guide: "This funky monkey doesn't like adventuring, so he's split his time between surfing, drumming, and learning some of the craziest kart shortcuts around!"
- Trading Card: "Funky Kong spends much of his time hanging out with the likes of Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong. You can hang out with this cool ape too, if you accept the arduous challenge to unlock him. Take note: Funky Kong drives like a mad monkey, so he's worth the effort."
Mario Kart Tour
- Mario Kart Tour Twitter: "Look who's ready to flex some muscle out there on the track... It's Funky Kong! This cool cat is just as skilled with a kart as a surfboard, and he's here to make waves in the Jungle Tour!"
Mario Super Sluggers
- Team: DK Wilds
- Player Type: Power
- Special Skill: Clamber
- Good Chemistry: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Tiny Kong, Baby DK
- Bad Chemistry: King K. Rool, Kritter
- Batting: 8/10
- Pitching: 4/10
- Fielding: 6/10
- Running: 3/10
- Default Bat: Right
- Default Glove: Left
- In-Game Bio: "A powerhouse with slow charge pitches."
- Collectible Card Info: "Funky Kong makes use of his long limbs in every aspect of the game. He has strong pitching skills and a great charge hit. His reach makes him an above-average fielder, so his defense must be reckoned with."
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
|Funky Kong||SNES Donkey Kong Country||A sunglassed surfer and friend of the Kongs. Funky Kong is indeed funky, from his looks to his lingo. Funky provides different services to the Kongs throughout the different games, be it a barrel-transport system or ammunitions expertise. He may have tired of business dealings, as he's been a barrel-race participant more recently.|
|Wii Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast|
|Donkey Konga 3 JP||[Leg] - Attack +13|
Usable by: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U trophies
|Name||3DS Image||Wii U Image||Appears in||NTSC-U Description||PAL Description|
|Funky Kong||SNES Donkey Kong Country (11/1994)
N64 Donkey Kong 64 (11/1999)
|Has he remodeled his personal jet into a shop? Maybe he thinks it will encourage his items to "fly off the shelves." He claims he ran an airport once... Maybe that's true. Much like his style of conversation, I'm sure it was a pretty funky experience.||Funky Kong's turned his private plane into a shop, all in some kind of effort to make stuff "fly off the shelves".. Classic jokes like that and the way he says things like "tubular" might make you think you're back in the 80s, but that's all part of his charm, right?|
|Funky Kong + Offroader||N/A||Wii Mario Kart Wii (04/2008)||You may wonder why this kart is called the Offroader when its off-road ability is so average. But a true off-roader is a kart that can take on the world and survive—and this kart fits that description to a tee. It handles like a king, and if other karts try to ram into it, they'll be the ones crying. It has just one big weakness...drifting.||You may wonder why this kart is called the Offroader when its off-road ability is so average. But a true off-roader is a kart that can take on the world and survive - and this kart fits that description to a tee. It handles like a king, and if other karts try to ram into it, they'll be the ones crying. It has just one big weakness...drifting.|
Blue indicates exclusive to the Wii U version.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirit
|Name||Image||Series / game||Type||Class||Strength / effects||How to obtain||Spirit battle|
|Funky Kong||Donkey Kong Series||Master (Shopping)||N/A||Funky Kong's Shack
Often sells transportation-related spirits
|World of Light (DK Island)||Captain Falcon, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong||Rule: Item: Bullet Bill
||Kongo Jungle||Funky's Fugue|
|Profiles and statistics|
|Baby Daisy • Baby Luigi • Baby Mario • Baby Peach • Baby Rosalina • Birdo • Blooper • Bob-omb • Boo • Boom Boom • Boomerang Bro • Bowser • Bowser Jr. • Bullet Bill • Buzzy Beetle • Chain Chomp • Cheep Cheep • Diddy Kong • Dixie Kong • Donkey Kong • Dr. Crygor • Dr. Mario • Dry Bones • Dry Bowser • Fire Bro • Fire Mario • Funky Kong • Goomba • Hammer Bro • Ice Bro • Iggy Koopa • Kamek • King Boo • King K. Rool • Koopa Paratroopa • Koopa Troopa • Lakitu • Larry Koopa • Lemmy Koopa • Ludwig von Koopa • Luigi • Mario • Metal Mario • Mii • Monty Mole • Morton Koopa Jr. • Nabbit • Pauline • Petey Piranha • Pink Gold Peach • Piranha Plant • Pokey • Poochy • Princess Daisy • Princess Peach • Rosalina • Roy Koopa • Shy Guy • Spike • Spiny • Tiny Kong • Toad • Toadette • Waluigi • Wario • Wendy O. Koopa • Wiggler • Yoshi|