Funky's Rentals (minigame)
|Appears in||Donkey Kong Country 3 (GBA)|
|Time limit||1 minute (Challenge 1)|
2 minutes (Challenge 2 & 3)
Extra Life Balloons
Funky's Rentals is a series of four challenges hosted by Funky Kong at his location of the same name in the Game Boy Advance remake of Donkey Kong Country 3. The player can also replay his challenges from the unlockable "Extras" menu after entering "EXTRAS" from the Cheats sub-menu.
The first challenge is available by default, and the other ones become available when Funky constructs new vehicles.
- Destroy: The Kongs must destroy ten Kremling boats before getting to the goal.
- Disarm: The Kongs must steal four floating mines from the Kremling base and take them to theirs.
- Protect: Kremlings come from four angles, and they try to kidnap different Kongs (Cranky, Donkey, Lanky, Tiny, Diddy, Chunky, Dixie, Funky, and Candy) and take them to their bases. Dixie and/or Kiddy must shoot down the Kremling boats before they can take the other Kongs away. If there is at least one Kong left in the water after two minutes have passed, the challenge is considered won.
- Race: The Kongs must race some Kremlings in their boat. The course is a circle, and there are three laps.
- The mini-games are structured similarly to Cobra Triangle, a Nintendo Entertainment System game also created by Rare.
- The mini-games are internally referred to as Cobra Tracks (e.g. Cobra Track 1) in the ROM, a reference to Cobra Triangle.
- There is an unused fifth mini-game programmed in the game, but it is unfinished as it is a placeholder with no water; instead, there is only grassy terrain.
- TCRF. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Game Boy Advance)#Debug Text. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
- TCRF. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (Game Boy Advance)#Placeholder Funky Mini-Game. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved September 6, 2019.