- This article is about the battle course from the Mario Kart series. For the place with a similar name featured in Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, see Pipe Yard.
The course icon
|Appears in||Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (2003)|
Mario Kart DS (2005)
|Online play||Was never available (DS)|
Pipe Plaza is a Battle Mode course selectable in Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and reincluded in Mario Kart DS. There are a total of four pipes for the drivers to warp between a lower ground to an upper wire mesh area or vice versa with the plaza being in a field of grass with large pipes coming out of the ground. There are a few Item Boxes around the course. Otherwise, it is as simplistic as the other battle courses of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!. In Mario Kart DS it is one of the smaller courses like Nintendo DS or Tart Top, giving out more havoc and smaller ranged attacks. In Mario Kart DS, it uses the same music as every other battle course, and also does not assign it the "GCN" prefix. The same also applies to Block Fort, a battle course from Mario Kart 64.
In Mission 3-5 in Mario Kart DS, entering the pipe at the upper left corner will spawn Yoshi at the pipe at the bottom right corner. This is likely to make getting to Gate 5 easier.
- In the GameCube version, there is an animation glitch: if Daisy is in the back of the kart and she is hit by a fireball that knocks her into one of the pipes, her "getting burnt" animation will continue until she is hit again or until the battle finishes.
- In the DS version, if two players enter a pipe at the same time as each other, one player will be warped as normal, but the other will end up falling out of bounds and will be brought back by Lakitu.
- In the DS version, due to a glitch, it is possible to fall off the track when getting hit by an item such as a shell or a Bob-omb at the right moment while driving through one of the pipes.
Names in other languages
|French||Square Tuyau||Pipe Square|
|Spanish||Plaza Tuberías||Pipes Plaza|
- In a pre-release version of Mario Kart DS, there was a sunset background instead of a daytime sky as in its original appearance. This was changed in the final version.