It has been requested that this article be rewritten and expanded to include more information. Reason: include details on the 2012 promotion
Burger King is an American fast-food chain. The chain has had several promotions related to the Super Mario franchise.
2002 Nintendo Superstars promotion
In 2002, Burger King had a promotion which ran from November 25, 2002 to December 29, 2002. It included ten toys with seven of the toys being Super Mario-related. During this promotion, a person could win a Game Boy Advance game by getting a golden toy.
- "Donkey Kong Time Racer"
- "Hop & Slide Diddy Kong"
- "Race Around Peach & Bowser"
- "Water Whirl Wario"
- "Coin Collector Mario Sunshine"
- "Egg Hunter Yoshi"
- "Soar & Chase Luigi"
2008 Wii promotion
In 2008, Burger King had a promotion for the Wii which included ten toys, nine of which were Super Mario-related. Each toy featured a Wii Remote replica which was used to interact with the toy.
- A Luma figure which lit up when connecting the Wiimote and pressing a button.
- A Diddy Kong figure which could be sent rolling with the Wiimote.
- A Princess Peach figure which twirled around when launched from the Wiimote.
- A Boo figure with a magnet, which would be pushed away from the Wiimote for a floating effect.
- A Donkey Kong figure that flips into the air when released from the Wiimote. A cardboard target is included.
- A toy based on Super Paper Mario with a cardboard backdrop depicting Lineland Road with a block maze, which a magnetic Paper Mario figure is guided through using the Wiimote.
- A toy based on Super Mario Galaxy with a propeller depicting Mario and Luma, which could be sent flying in the air after being launched from the Wiimote.
- A Chain Chomp figure which could be launched toward cardboard targets depicting Wario and Bowser.
- A figure of Yoshi driving the Standard Kart from Mario Kart Wii. Unlike the others, this one featured a Wii Wheel replica instead which could be used to aim and launch the kart.
A King Jr. is a meal available at Burger King. Similar to Happy Meals, they often come with toys, and there have been toys related to the Super Mario franchise included in several meals.
February 1, 2021 - March 15, 2021
- A grey figure of Metal Mario in a Standard Kart.
- A figure of Builder Mario on a Brick Block.
- A figure of Luigi sucking in a Goob.
During this period, customers could also receive toys based on the Nintendo Switch version of The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Splatoon 2. These toys were available in the United States, Canada, and a large portion of Latin America.
Super Mario Meal
From February 8, 2021, to February 22, 2021, customers could order a "Super Mario Meal" online. This contained a Whopper, small fries, and a small fountain drink. Purchasing the meal would give the consumer a chance to win a Nintendo Switch and a copy of Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury. Purchasing the meal would also give the consumer 100 My Nintendo Platinum Points.
A Nintendo Power advertisement for the 2002 promotion
- ^ a b Craddock, Ryan. Nintendo Life (February 1, 2021). Nintendo Toys And Super Mario Meals Have Arrived At Burger King. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- ^ a b Businesswire (February 1, 2021). Nintendo Switch Sweepstakes Promotion and Nintendo Themed Toys to Be Offered by Burger King Restaurants Nationwide. Retrieved February 1, 2021.