TOSE Software Co.
|TOSE Software Co.|
|First Super Mario game||Mario's Tennis|
|Latest Super Mario game||WarioWare: Get It Together!|
|Current president||Yasuhito Watanabe|
TOSE Software Co. (simply referred to as TOSE) is a Japanese "behind the scenes" video game company. Originally a part of Toa Seiko, TOSE branched off from it as an independent company in 1979, establishing its headquarters in Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto. Since its inception, TOSE is believed to have been involved in the development of over 1,000 games; however, the company has refused to be credited in most of the games it has worked on, for which it has gained a reputation. TOSE is most well-known for its series The Legendary Starfy, featuring the character Starfy, who has made a few cameos within the Super Mario franchise.
TOSE first contributed to the Super Mario franchise by assisting in the development of Mario's Tennis on the Virtual Boy. TOSE later helped Nintendo in developing the Game & Watch Gallery series of games, and even later co-developed Super Princess Peach alongside Nintendo SPD Group No.2. TOSE also helped in the development of Square Enix's Fortune Street.
List of Super Mario games
- Mario's Tennis (Virtual Boy, 1995)
- Game & Watch Gallery (Game Boy, 1997)
- Game & Watch Gallery 2 (Game Boy/Game Boy Color, 1997)
- Wario Land II (Game Boy/Game Boy Color, 1998) (indirectly; Flagman D-D reuses code and assets from the TOSE-developed Game Boy Gallery)
- Game & Watch Gallery 3 (Game Boy Color, 1999)
- Game & Watch Gallery 4 (Game Boy Advance, 2002)
- Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Nintendo GameCube, 2003) (Yoshi no Cookie remake)
- Super Princess Peach (Nintendo DS, 2005)
- Fortune Street (Wii, 2011)
- Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure (Nintendo 3DS, 2015)
- Paper Mario: Color Splash (Wii U, 2016)
- WarioWare Gold (Nintendo 3DS, 2018)
- Paper Mario: The Origami King (Nintendo Switch, 2020)
- WarioWare: Get It Together! (Nintendo Switch, 2021)