Wall (Wrecking Crew series)
Walls for demolition or Mashable Walls, also referred to as walls for short, are objects in VS. Wrecking Crew and Wrecking Crew that are required to be destroyed in order to complete the phase. Mario, Luigi, and Foreman Spike are able to break them, as well as dynamite. They also appear in the bonus stages, where the player has to find the coin hidden behind one of them. If it is behind the first wall to be smashed, 10,000 points will be added to the points in the countdown timer. In 59 stages of Wrecking Crew, destroying specific walls in a certain order will reveal letters of the name of the player's character.
Walls for demolition include:
- A “Hit once” wall that breaks in one hit
- A “Hit twice” wall made of bricks that breaks in two hits
- A “Hit 3 times” wall made of darker bricks that breaks in three hits
- A ladder wall that breaks in one hit, which can also be climbed. Unlike VS. Wrecking Crew, ladder walls in Wrecking Crew can stack above each other. Breaking the ladder wall at the bottom causes all of the ladder walls above it to break.
Breaking walls grants 100 points, except for ladder walls which grant more points the taller the ladder stack is. This also applies to walls broken with dynamite.
In Wrecking Crew, the Golden Hammer can smash any wall with a single swing.
Appearances in other games
In the WarioWare series, ladder walls appear in the Wrecking Crew microgame in WarioWare: Twisted! where the player has to destroy them with bombs to defeat Eggplant Men. Ladder walls also appear in Wreck. Crew, a microgame in WarioWare: D.I.Y. Showcase, in which they are used by Gotchawrenches. Single-hit walls appear in the Wrecking Crew microgame in WarioWare Gold where the player has to find the coins hidden behind them, similar to the bonus stages.
Many Wrecking Crew challenges in NES Remix involve breaking walls.
Walls for demolition also appear in the Wrecking Crew stage in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. They are only broken by dynamites, and if there are not enough walls to support the platform above, the platform falls.
Names in other languages
Walls for demolition
壊せる壁 (Virtual Console)
壊せるもの (Virtual Console)
Walls to tear down
“Hit once” wall
“Hit twice” wall
“Hit 3 times” wall
Iro no koi renga
- Wrecking Crew NES instruction booklet, page 6.
- Arcade Archives: VS. Wrecking Crew Manual Character 1
- Wrecking Crew NES instruction booklet, page 16.
- VS. Wrecking Crew instruction card
- Wrecking Crew Famicom instrucion booklet, page 5.
- Japanese Wrecking Crew Virtual Console manual, page 11.
- Japanese Wrecking Crew '98 Virtual Console manual, page 10.
- Wrecking Crew | NES | Игры | Nintendo
- Wrecking Crew Famicom instruction booklet, page 18.
- Wrecking Crew '98 physical release manual, page 14.
|VS. Wrecking Crew / Wrecking Crew|
|Characters||Mario • Luigi|
|Items and objects||Coin • Door • Drum* • Dynamite • Floor • Golden Hammer* • Ladder (Ladder wall) • Letter* • Pillar* • Wall|
|Enemies||Eggplant Man* • Fireball • Foreman Spike* • Gotchawrench|
|*Only in Wrecking Crew|