Revolving restaurant menu
|Revolving restaurant menu|
|First appearance||Mario is Missing! (1992)|
The revolving restaurant menu is an item in the DOS and Deluxe versions of Mario is Missing!. It is the menu that is used by the revolving restaurant atop the Kenyatta International Conference Center (even though said restaurant shut down in the 1980's). It is also apparently the only menu there, as when it is stolen by a group of Koopa Troopas that attack Nairobi, the entire building is shut down. One of the Koopa Troopas holds onto the menu, and it is soon snatched away by Luigi as he explores the city. He then shows it to the city's inhabitants so that he can learn when it belongs, and after all of them tell him that it comes from the Kenyatta International Conference Center, he returns it to the building's information booth. He then receives a $1440 reward for returning the stolen item.
- Boy: "Neat! That belongs way at the top where the waiters stop and the conference room looks like a hut."
- Tourist: "It looks like the African United Nations with all those flags. Hope that menu shows international foods."
- Business Woman: "That menu must be returned to the top of the tall building where the balconies look like an escalator."
- Scientist: "Completed in 1970 the Kenyatta Conference Center was once a United Nations Headquarters. Let's do lunch?"
- Police Officer: "Great! Return that menu to the Kenyatta Conference Center. They're having a big meeting there. I bet it's about your brother being kidnapped."
- Kamau, Macharia. "Historical KICC Hotel Back to Life." standardmedia.co.ke, The Standard, 19 Feb. 2012, 00:00, www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2000052405/historical-kicc-hotel-back-to-life.